Vitus FCK9

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
In some topics that I've posted and updated I already mentioned the purchase of the Vitus FCK9 chassis for hanging the Mavic Zap groupset I have on. I went outside for some pics and here it is :) --->

4438915828_3822f9f2a8_b.jpg

4438136807_8cd405f424.jpg

"Composite"

4438912514_f6abf89433.jpg

"FCK9". In the top right corner of the pic you see where the brake cable leaves.

4438914584_b27e3c1327.jpg

With the setscrew you fixate the post.

The frame is not very heavy. 1300gr for frame they say and I tend to believe that.

The 'FCK' in 'FCK9' stands for Fibre Carbon Kevlar. The '9' for 9 composite tubes: Three in main triangle, two chainstays and four for seatstays.

I think the FCK9 was carried from late 80s to late 90s (correct?). Given the graphics I would think my frame is from early 90s.

That will be extremely special with the Zap on it. Is the frame NOS?

No, it is used but very tidy. The frame came without fork, but with original post. The seller also happened to sell a mint 979 frameset in 1cm smaller size but with relatively long steerer fork. I decided for buying that one too and it donated its fork.

I had more pleasant surprises at the seller's place: I had been looking for a matching fork for my Vitus CL1 MTB frame for years. He had one useless laying around, not knowing what it is. I found the needle in the haystack.

Looks a fresh frame... Will be very special with the zap kit on.

Im building a carbon/alu Alan at the minute, so loving the composite look! :cool:

Alan Carbonio - nice too! I am a steel fan, but I sure have a weak spot for sweet bonded bikes. Last summer I did many rides on an Alan Super Record. I am looking forward to how the Vitus compares with the Alan. Of course I'll have to keep in mind about 10 years seperates them.

It must be because I was looking at the pictures on my netbook screen instead of my external monitor. I thought it would be odd for it to be threadless.

Back