Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

it was uncle geralds lightweight innovations. i have a pair in my shed they were a production fork. i know team riders used them and can find out if there were any failures on monday

seat bolt for QUANTUM

Hi guys, thanks for the offer of a seat bolt for Ogre XT Mark. hes my twin brother and the bolt is for my QUANTUM. I got a bolt from my local bike shop today and it seems fine now. Thanks again, I appreciate the offer.

Badbaz77's M-Trax 350 a bit later than the Dyna's but still retro and very light.

SNC00046.jpg

Carl.

My Titanium Solaris ('92 model, but bought in '95 as a new old stock frame and forks) was still been used ( off -road trails) until August 08.

Then this happened while on Derroura :(
2784060665_e02e427d83_b.jpg

2784935640_48dbc96eff_b.jpg

Luckily, it failed when I was on the climb up, 5 minutes later I would have been on the long decent on the back of the mountain :shock:

It was a shame it broke, it was one of my favorite bikes. I replaced it with a '08 Voodoo Hoodoo steel frame, with handles just as sweet as the Dynatech did ;)

Check your frames in that area, just in case folks !!

Love this Topic and I always wanted a Quantum, I never seen one in the metal. D Nelson or Orge XT, PM me if your over in the West or Ballinastoe some time for a spin.

A friend of mine had one of the limited edition Metal Matrix Decade's, the full built up bike with full XTR and Pace forks. Unfortunately it was stolen 5 years ago :evil:

Hi Dar MTB

Both Dnelson and I are based in Kildare.. a few weeks ago we headed to the dublin mountains and had a blast and going again this weekend. Dont know if you make it to Dublin at all to get out. The quantum is a fine machine, though it was a big decision to get one over the Ogre. It really come down to how you felt about the forks. You lost the XT group and the chainstays were not Titanium and the saddle and stem were down rent too. I went for the Ogre and the idea was to buy suspension for it later - which of course I never did - though I did put a flex Stem on and it works fine. Pity about your Solaris - is the frame still on warranty - they came with a 15 year warranty didn't they? :D

It'll be a couple of weeks before I'm up in Dublin for weekend, but I'll give you a bit of notice beforehand.

I did try Raleigh U.K about the warranty and they put me onto Raleigh Ireland, but they say no :roll:

Hi guys, the QUANTUM is the one to have over the OGRE XT. mine has XT front and rear mechs, plus XT chainset (which was take off an ODYSSEY belonging to OGRE XT before he sold it to buy the OGRE, if you follow) I also nicked the zoom stem when he fitted the flex stem jobbie. but never told him!! The forks were the bizzo when they worked and I had 2 blades replaced, both on the left. But overall, a fantistic bike to ride, espically on a really fast descent. It feels as good today as when I bought it new.

Back