MCsanandreas

Mountain Cycle Fan
Feedback
View
HPIM1310.jpg

other side
HPIM1314.jpg

I was always a big fan of the blue ano Zaskar, so loving this. :cool: :cool:

The yellow forks don't go with the purple (if it was in my hands), but it's your bike, not mine... :)

Very nice

Brilliant example and a dead cert for a BOTM win?
Love the period details like the purple bottle cage bolt for the rear mech. It screams 1993 / 1994 to me!

My mate had an almost identical build; blue '94 (butted) 16 inch Zaskar with Ringle and Grafton in purple.

Are the Judy 'Shox from a few years later? I seem to remember everyone using Rock Shox Quadra elastomer forks in '93, or had Judy's just come out?

thanks for the coments!

i have built it as a 1994(ish) but with later upgrades(forks and first gen v-brakes) bike.

think i had better put my one owner from new CinderCone up next?

Zaskar's looking good fella.

Love those stems. Think blue sids would look better but that's looking for criticism. As for all the ano it's not to everyone's cup of tea but to be honest it's exactly as I would have built in back in the day!

Lets see the kona then :cool:

How much travel do the forks have? Just wondering if the forks might be slightly too long for the frame? '93 / '94 era bikes were really only designed for a couple of cm travel, and the Zaskar bikes came with a rigid fork, so even a mag 21 might have been long? I only noticed because I reciently put a 100mm fork on an 01 Stumpjumber and the handling suffered (it was bad before as well...)

It is still one of the very nicest bikes I have seen on RB and brings back happy memories. I have posted the video clip below before on RB, but it gets better and better with watching! It is of Michael Warner who was the first of my mates to get a Zaskar (a '93) Two other mates got theirs in '94 (a blue and a purple) and I got mine in 2009 (not an early adopter)

Check out the bunny hop over a bike at the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNG-wMk_kJg

hansi had grey quadras on his aqua blue zaskar bitd, most guys at that time had mag21´s.

Attachments

• k-mtbforum 019.JPG
    k-mtbforum 019.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,128
Back