Ticknall: the Aftermath

What a good day. Incredibly it stayed dry, the trails weren't the anticipated mudfest. Great bikes (Kilauea / Hei Hei / Vit T / RC200 F5 / Proflex / Splatter Fire Mountain ). Good riding. Plenty of chat. New faces.
Thanks for the pics and vid Ed.
Bike of the day for me was Mat's 1x9 build on the Fire Mountain....inspiring.

We may not have the big landscapes enjoyed by the North East and North West folk, but what we have still brings a smile to the face.
:D

Off to see what happens when I extract the thorn :shock:

rc200ti":264vyxku said:
Bike of the day for me was Mat's 1x9 build on the Fire Mountain....inspiring.

Off to see what happens when I extract the thorn :shock:

Thank you, most kind :oops: :oops: :D

The friction shifting was brilliant. It just felt right. I really like being in full control of my gears. It's almost like the difference between a manual and auto gearbox. I also loved the Megarange....go Megarange, yeah!

As for the thorn...Hisssssssssssss................. :cry:

As one of the 'new faces' I'd like to say thanks to Rob & Ed for route leading and arranging.
It was a great day out and felt so good to be back off-road riding for fun - although my arms are reminding me about thin tyres, rigid forks and hard ground this morning !
Hopefully I'll be able to make it to more rides and a few night ones when the nights get lighter.
:D :D :D

:D Certainly was, but the memories and the bikes have since been covered in a sunami of mud. Riding there on Wednesday at 7.00 . Whenever you're in the area let us know.
Rob

Back