Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Following on from last month's Mountain Mayhem success we here at retrobike's palatial HQ have decided this month's contest should be dedicated to those retrobikes which are actually ridden. Definitely no garage queens allowed in this month's contest. Voters ought to give extra credit to those using and abusing their rare and valuable old ride on a regular basis. Rules can be found here, two addendums for this month as follows

1. Will allow bikes to be entered which have taken part in previous contests.
2. Please try and post an action shot to verify non-garage queen status.

Game on !

Only entered a few months back in the normal BOTM format but deserves a second outing for her performance at MM so I'm nominating the 1990 Splatter Kona Explosif..The Michelin WildSlipper tyres didn't exactly help my cause but she was the only bike out there with colourful tyres and got a warm reception from the crowd..she even did the water splash (though unfortunately that did give me a flat tyre.)

In Action
main.php

The Aftermath
main.php

Re: BoTM July - Riders Special **GET YOUR NOMINATIONS IN NOW

John":axd170vk said:
Definitely no garagge queens allowed in this month's contest.

Ouch...that puts a damper on my 'unveiling' as it's one of my only garage queens. :(

Well, it's about time i entered one of these so here goes!

My 1990 Trek 8000 - Had it from new and has had a very hard life being thrashed around every race in the south west back in the day.
Still used - but no longer with the flite carbon!!! :shock: :oops:

Full details here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Cheers for the pic Mr K ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0172.jpg
    DSC_0172.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 3,091

rumpfy":23fdw2z9 said:
John":23fdw2z9 said:

Ouch...that puts a damper on my 'unveiling' as it's one of my only garage queens. :(

Sorry old chap, feel free to enter something else to tide you over 'til next month :D

John":qnvsfiwm said:
rumpfy":qnvsfiwm said:
John":qnvsfiwm said:

Sorry old chap, feel free to enter something else to tide you over 'til next month :D

No worries. :)

I didn't want to be one of those guys who throws a bike in every month. I'll submit the one and retire to let others duke it out. :D

I'm beginning to think I'm not sure whether I'd unconsciously be voting for the rider rather than the bike. You know well-muscled legs in tight shorts :oops:

But action shots do give a kind of kudos to the bike that you don't get with clean bikes in still shots

its five years old so its getting retro with every day its defo not a garage queen as it can be seen flying throw the air very often around lowestofts jump spots :LOL: :LOL: my woody elite lol :LOL: :LOL: :roll:

Attachments

• DSC00315.JPG
    DSC00315.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 2,977
  • DSC00319.JPG
    DSC00319.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,977
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back