Aeronaut's DMR Trailstar

Neil G":1frmnceb said:
Nah, brakeless is for spotty kids who wear tight jeans and nibble street!

Hey, I ride brakeless, wear tight jeans and nibble street!

At least I'm old and use the correct type of bike for it (a BMX).

I love the thought of yoofs nibbling streets :LOL: Like skinny malnourished ( these light bikes don't seem to build the rider up into a meat head like the old 40lb ones did ) hamster . But instead of random squeaks they all squeak " 9tooth , 9tooth ".

Wouldn't that be a trials bike ? A bicycle motocross bike lives on the dirt :p

sam264":2m74kr74 said:
looks nice, ride brakeless! (if you dare ;) )

Sell that chain guide and buy brakes! It's not doing anything on there!

Thanks!

The brief time i've had this out was hard enough without brakes but it made me more aware of whats up way, way ahead! Would go through trainers a lot quicker too not that they have any tread on them ;)

Speaking of brakes, I've managed to finally get some off of ebay last night that i've been watching all week, a pair of all silver Hope mono m4's complete with discs.. The discs may be a size bigger than what was originally planned at 203mm so well see what ends on it when they arrive. Should be here later this week hopefully. Still may just use the rear only for now and see how it goes with just the one. Atleast there'll be a front there if needed at a later date assuming I do start taking this on the trails in the summer. It's more a big bmx in feel which is what it was build for mainly and should satisfy that need.. absolutely itching to get on it :)

ebay images of the brakes
Picture1.png

Picture2.png

That chain tensioner is doing more now than it shows in the photos even though it probably isn't totally necessary and the chain will be wrapped round a lot more. The rear wheel should come forward a bit once the brakes are on and wheel set in position giving more slack. Made removing the wheel a bit easier too i found having a little extra chain to play around with.
Again, well see how it all goes with the tensioner once the bikes got some use, it's only a matter of unbolting it under the bb. The upper chain guide will be staying if anything even if only to help keep my jeans away from those saw teeth :LOL: but it's all added security for now.

They look nice, I like the silver bore caps, looks pretty retro. And 203cm?! :shock: surely you mean 203mm? :roll:

Yeah i think you'll probably get on with just the rear brake though (203mm may be a little big, you probably wont need more than 160mm tbh) unless you're riding for speed rather than dirt jumping or riding street/park, just having a rear brake makes slowing down fast a pain in the arse, the amount of times i've almost hit things/people with only a rear brake is silly!

perry":1mzfpz1r said:
I love the thought of yoofs nibbling streets :LOL: Like skinny malnourished ( these light bikes don't seem to build the rider up into a meat head like the old 40lb ones did ) hamster . But instead of random squeaks they all squeak " 9tooth , 9tooth ".

Wouldn't that be a trials bike ? A bicycle motocross bike lives on the dirt :p

Trials bike!?!?! You cut me deep.

sam264":3du1deof said:
They look nice, I like the silver bore caps, looks pretty retro. And 203cm?! :shock: surely you mean 203mm? :roll:

Yeah i think you'll probably get on with just the rear brake though (203mm may be a little big, you probably wont need more than 160mm tbh) unless you're riding for speed rather than dirt jumping or riding street/park, just having a rear brake makes slowing down fast a pain in the arse, the amount of times i've almost hit things/people with only a rear brake is silly!

It was the all silver that swung it for me with those especially on the levers too. and yes 203mm :oops: :LOL: not quite dustbin lids..

I can see me just bolting them both on anyway front n rear plus will possibly think about scaling down the rotors a wee bit. kinda liking the OTT edge with this build though considering it's gone that way pretty much from the start. Maximum crash avoidance would be cool!

Those brakes are very nice...TBH if the bikes isn't going to get heavily used it seems a shame not to both on..160 out back and 203 up front :D

I'm not too sure how the frame/fork would stand up to 203mm rotors though? that's my only concern, by all means try it though. If you were to sell the rotors though, you could buy some used 160/180mm ones anyway for the same price, though you might lose a little on postage. It's up to you though, of course. 203mm will be VERY powerful though!

I would have thought 203mm is more for DH riding myself but TBH put on it what you want to, it's not going to ruin it!

Back