Gios has sold-out!

sorry to say, i have to agree. Its one of the reasons I wouldnt go for bianchi - too many "indistinguishable" lower end models mocked up to look like a pro bike. Even the champion of italian stallions, colnago have done it to some extent with their £1k complete bikes.
Gios was so quality - a unique colour and at the top end of their game. Sadly, no longer it would seem

What is the idea behind the mini velo bikes? with the top bar they don't have the convienience of a step through, and they don't look like folders but still have the small wheels.

They have a decent range of them so they must be popular.

The Ken":2q43utiq said:
What is the idea behind the mini velo bikes? with the top bar they don't have the convienience of a step through, and they don't look like folders but still have the small wheels.

They have a decent range of them so they must be popular.

Quite a few companies sell them and there are a fixed gear versions. I presume they are all the same frame with different stickers on. They are sort of appealing in a weird novelty kind of way.

Some people say the fixed versions are good for polo. And tricks but the less said about that the better.

I'm not sure about Gios, but a lot of brands (eg, Bianchi, Benotto, Peugeot, Legnano etc) which had top of the range bikes associated with pro teams have always offered a wide range of bikes from children's bikes, city bikes to sports bikes.

An example in the UK would of course be Raleigh.

Never a big fan but some of their steel models look acceptable (though no lugged ones by the looks of it).

gios-Vecchio.png

fiks":1eon4tlc said:
I'm not sure about Gios, but a lot of brands (eg, Bianchi, Benotto, Peugeot, Legnano etc) which had top of the range bikes associated with pro teams have always offered a wide range of bikes from children's bikes, city bikes to sports bikes.

An example in the UK would of course be Raleigh.

As far as I'm aware Gios has always been frame-only. They may have ventured into full bikes at some point, but I've only ever seen frames sold from new. I agree one or two are acceptable in the new range but the "high-end" appeal has gone now...

Just glad I own one of the real Gios frames :)

As far as I understand, Gios no longer manufacture their own frames and have licensed their brand to a Japanese company - hence the new range of bikes. FWIW Gios are very popular in the far east - I sold a well-used Compact frame on ebay to someone in Taiwan who paid well over the odds. When in a Tokyo bike shop I saw some of those weird 20 inch mini-bikes which are very popular

There appears to be a lot of Guerciotti new steel frames popping up - for instance on Planet-X website, but if anything they seem over-priced. Guerciotti are still churning out High end (mostly carbon) frames these days - e.g.

http://www.fatbirds.co.uk/store.asp/d=1/c=46

So I don't think they sold-out. Unless someone has bought the rights to the old steel frames?

Back