Specialized S-works M2 Team 1996

Void(EN12-82)

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys 'n gals ;-)

Just had a very very great idea... I have this Specialized bike here that is actually finished (sort of) for quite some time. Been busy with my KLEIN so much that it never came to mind to put that bike in here :oops:

Anywayz, it's a Specialized S-works M2 Team Edition from 1996. Even have the catalogue from it, although I always wanted the S-works Steel Team that's in there hehe. Here are some pics...

Complete bike:
m2team1996.jpg

Nice red Pulstar front hub to match the frame:
pulstarfronthub.jpg

Onza HO brakes:
onzahobrakesfront.jpg

Them Onza brakes should be on my KLEIN, but I decided that they wouldn't be very "time-correct" for a 1991 bike. So they ended up on my Specialized (after seeing Tinker's red Volvo/Cannondale with Onza HO brakes in a 1996 Mountainbiking issue) :)

Well, hope you like it... cheers and good night,

Void(EN12-82)

Nice void. I'm currently (and for the past months and months) collecting bits to complete my S-Works Steel. It's from '93 though not '96.

And yes, nice hubs there young man...!

Thanx for the nice replies peepz...

Actually I always wanted one of those earlier S-works steel bikes (but always the red one, not that green/yellow-ish one or grey one). I used to have the catalogue of 1992/1993 as well and the guy who sold me my Stumpy FS back in 1992 had a red M2 Team from 1991/1992. You know, the one with yellow lettering/decals. And THAT is actually the one I always thought to be the coolest Specialized around. That guy still has it he told me, but it's more alu-color than red now he said :) :LOL: He even has that very first FSX fork, the Ti/Carbon one... cool, very cool indeed I tell ya! Still remember a pic of Silvia Furst (I believe) testing the Future Shock on her M2 Team in the catalogue.

Ned rode that at Mammoth and all the other races that were on Eurosport back then. And if I remember correctly Eurosport wasn't Eurosport either back then, it had a different name and wasn't in Dutch (or maybe I'm mistaken now).

Hope to see some pics of your finished S-works steel bikes as well, they are just so cool! (funny eh, how Specialized has lost it for me after about 199:cool:.

Anyways, thanx again and next on is my KLEIN Rascal (and unfortunately I think the S-bike frame will be up for sale... maybe)

Void(EN12-82)

^^^

Nope, it's the 'Team Red' version with raised white lettering. Think Scant used to have the burgundy one though back in the day. If you give him a shout he might have some old pics maybe.

And Void - yes I know exactly the one you mean and it was always one of my must lusted-after bikes. Fantastic looking thing which just seemed 'right' in the way that the black ones didn't...

But the closest I ever got to getting one was an X-Lite metal matrix post...!

I had the first s -works steel, the dark metallic green 1. my mate curly had the burgandy 1. nice bikes.

Void, you probabily know, but just incase, dont actually ride it with that cast specialized ti stem, nasty habit of braking.

theres an original fsx fork on ebay.com currently if anyones interested.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Void(EN12-82)":19g4388d said:
He even has that very first FSX fork, the Ti/Carbon one...

Only nit-picking but the first FSX was for 1993 and it wasn't carbon/ti. That version came in 1994. The first one was with aluminium legs. BoyBurning has my old one. Maybe he'll post some pics of his S-Works Steel with the fork in it...

Back