1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

nice nice its a treasure
your frame is build by the master mr dekerf himself.....must be a 17,5 inch frame
in pic 4 i see that you forget the screw in the frame.. ts ts ts ts

He's only bought the bike 5 days ago and to get 4 extra Alu bottle bolts the same colour as the others is not easy.. Given it takes most of us more than 5 days to decide which part to put on first :LOL:

Thanks for all the love :D :cool:

To answer a few queries:
- Obviously I'd like some Syncros cranks for it, but unless by some miracle I find some cheap, I'll stick with the RaceFace. ;)
- The cable routing doesn't bother me. If I were to run the rear brake on the right then I'd swap it, but as it is they all match. :roll:
- I thought it was the original stem, as desmondo gave me the stem and an XT headset with the frame. I'll keep it regardless, as of the 4 Syncros stems I have, this is the only one with titanium bolts and the built in hanger.
- lewis1641, if I decide to sell it, then I'll let you know. To be honest though, I'll probably keep it anyway, and say it's my girlfriend's bike. :LOL:
- If I manage to find some bolts in the same colour, then great, but as it is doesn't bother me, as I've packed the holes with grease anyway.
- Thanks for the info about it being, possibly, welded by DeKerf, I didn't know that. :cool:

Cheers Guys :D

iveto1983":3cfandf2 said:
- The cable routing doesn't bother me. If I were to run the rear brake on the right then I'd swap it, but as it is they all match. :roll:
brake cables... talking gear cables here. It should ease the line in to the front mech seattube stop (though it looks central and not at an angle from teh picture, so ignore that) and the rear cable goes under the wishbone stay. That gives the desired effect and correct routing on the headtube from the shifters.
But i'll work either way.
(P.S. that is also for a rear brake on left design)

- I thought it was the original stem, as desmondo gave me the stem and an XT headset with the frame. I'll keep it regardless, as of the 4 Syncros stems I have, this is the only one with titanium bolts and the built in hanger.
It's a later year stem you have there from 1992. 1991's were different, had a flat top quill cap (and loose), no hole in the front.

- Thanks for the info about it being, possibly, welded by DeKerf, I didn't know that. :cool:
He was head welder/designer/whatever at the time. Not sure he welded these as it would have his 'sticker' on if it was, I would have thought.

There is someone on here who seems to know a lot more about the details but I forget who. Posted a nice Billy B frame though.

Not of it was criticism, just information that may be of interest.

FluffyChicken":1z9oppej said:
iveto1983":1z9oppej said:
brake cables... talking gear cables here. It should ease the line in to the front mech seattube stop (though it looks central and not at an angle from teh picture, so ignore that) and the rear cable goes under the wishbone stay. That gives the desired effect and correct routing on the headtube from the shifters.
But i'll work either way.
(P.S. that is also for a rear brake on left design)

He was head welder/designer/whatever at the time. Not sure he welded these as it would have his 'sticker' on if it was, I would have thought.

There is someone on here who seems to know a lot more about the details but I forget who. Posted a nice Billy B frame though.

Not of it was criticism, just information that may be of interest.

I knew what you meant about the cable routing, maybe my reasoning wasn't clear though :?:

I didn't take anything said as criticism, I welcome the information ;)

it twigged some time after my post, you like the 'loop' to be the same left side to left side for both... (or right if if went down that side for both).

What is interesting to note is you don't have the front mech cable 'noodle' not sure when it was and was not used. It is a 1991 feature of these bikes as is the head tube stops. But I have seen 1991 bikes without the 'mech noodle' guide. One being an Altitude but it was certainly a 1991 bike (~ April 1991 iirc)

would be interesting to know kikaha's frame number

dont mind FluffyChicken

he's been critiquing all my non-period correct RM builds since day one of joining here! glad he found someone else to pick on as well!

:LOL:

but i have to agree with him about the shifter cables being threaded on the wrong sides of the frame.

RockiMtn":1qwt976c said:
dont mind FluffyChicken

he's been critiquing all my non-period correct RM builds since day one of joining here! glad he found someone else to pick on as well!

don't worry I do it to myself every time I walk past my obviously non-period correct build.
I personally prefer the stem on this bike to the 'correct' one, it looks nicer ;)

Latest posts

Back