Aeronaut's DMR Trailstar

very nice, the green and chrome look really goes well, the wheels look nice too :) so what brakes are you getting?

I can't get over how nice this build is, specially as these are usually a trusty old tank. Nice work. 25lbs is probably right, i did a double take cos it should be heavier but once brakes and chain are on it will be closer to 28 I reckon! My play bike is possibly down to about 29 or 30, still feels like a reet heavy lump, though, as mentioned with the DMR not a dead weight, a lively one.

What angles do you reckon its got with those rigid forks (how long are they?)? I've just changed to 440 rigids and the angles are looking like 71/74 or more!

Wicked :D

Just needs some anchors now...what's going on there....going to keep it real and go rear only?

sam264":tp4idj7k said:
very nice, the green and chrome look really goes well, the wheels look nice too :) so what brakes are you getting?

Neil G":tp4idj7k said:
Wicked

Just needs some anchors now...what's going on there....going to keep it real and go rear only?

Cheeeeeers ;)

I've always had Hope's in mind for this, love the machining on them. What model exactly I don't know with so many to choose from, plus not knowing my way round them too well... Shall probably just go for one of the newer models for peace of mind hopefully utilising a floating disc, something around 7"/8"

Any thoughts or experiances on what model to go for are duly welcome!

Been thinking rear only too :) and it'll keep costs down which i really need to do right now. I guess i can always add a front later if it comes to it, but liking the idea of having less.

reanimation":tp4idj7k said:
I can't get over how nice this build is, specially as these are usually a trusty old tank. Nice work. 25lbs is probably right, i did a double take cos it should be heavier but once brakes and chain are on it will be closer to 28 I reckon! My play bike is possibly down to about 29 or 30, still feels like a reet heavy lump, though, as mentioned with the DMR not a dead weight, a lively one.

What angles do you reckon its got with those rigid forks (how long are they?)? I've just changed to 440 rigids and the angles are looking like 71/74 or more!

:LOL: @Trusty old tank ..I like it! It suits the colour then but with a touch of bling.

I was thinking the same weight wise! Maybe another 2-3lbs if not a little more on top of what it is now, seems about right. Just can't wait to get on it and feel the weight for myself when riden.

Angles im not sure about with the forks on, but the frame has a 71 degree head angle so may have increased slightly. Forks are same as yours, around the 435/440mm mark from axle to crown. They're supposedly suspension corrected for 80 or 100mm, can't remember exactly which but they have a good length to them.

Silver hope definately sounds like a good plan

Rear only isn't only simple but it's in keeping with the proper trails style if you know what I mean :D

Hope minis look good . A c2 caliper doesn't fit on the rear of mine , catches the spokes but that could be because of the dish in the wheel . I remember the trailstar used to be able to take them with a 180mm disc .

I now know how much can be filed from the rear of a c2 before it's a scrap lump of alloy :oops: Quite a bit but not enough .

A lot of the weight of mine is in the wheels , I have slime tubes for the thousands of thorns around here and another tube sleeved over that for the short bit of downhill that is covered in concrete blocks . Oh and about a 1lb in dried on mud . I don't think yours will be much more than 28lbs .

Got the last few bits through the post this morning,..only ordered them wednesday night from various places so was happy to see five parcels all turn up together! Spent no time at all getting them fitted and the bike set up.
Still in need of brakes but they're going to have to wait a little bit longer, just pleased to actually having the bike up and ready to ride.
Of course, couldn't resist a roll around the local park to try it out anyway :)

DSC0065001.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

looks nice, ride brakeless! (if you dare ;) )

Sell that chain guide and buy brakes! It's not doing anything on there!

sam264":7njc8zou said:
looks nice, ride brakeless! (if you dare ;) )

Sell that chain guide and buy brakes! It's not doing anything on there!

+1 on this. Do you need the chain tensioner and the chain tugs?

Back