pulled out of the shed

adastra

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Forgot about it since 1995 when i got my 94 explosif :shock: Picked it up yesterday from my grans where the shead roof had colapsted on it. Not a bike that every 1 likes but here it is my old 1993 Carrera Flex Quest looking a bit worse 4 wear not sure what to do with it yet. What do u guys think ? Dont wanna get rid as my first mountain bike.

Attachments

• carrera 1.jpg
    carrera 1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,369
  • carrera 2.jpg
    carrera 2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,369
  • carrera 3.jpg
    carrera 3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,369
I'd clean that up and ride it :cool:
It's nice to have your first mountain bike, my first was stolen, but luckily I still have my 2nd.

i bought a carrera the year before (i think) and i femember being slightly gutted when the new range came out in the same colours as yours. they looked so modern

get it rideable and enjoy

Wow a blast from the past!

I've got most of the bits off one of those still, had exactly the same bike for my 14th birthday and Christmas present.

Alivio groupset save the YST headset, very early Gripshift SRT-300 and Taiwan Alloy brake levers. Also fitted out the Flex Stem clone and a 26.2 mm Kalloy seat post.

Frame pretty much came out of the Saracen stable and were really well specced at their price points. Tange Cromo tubeset and fat 1" Tange forks.

Managed to fold the fork blades clean over jumping a concrete paddling pool.

Still use the 1" Zoom cable hanger on my Cinder Cone.

Looks like you upgraded the heavy Black steel bars and moved to Rapidfire shifters at some point, I went down the Tranz-X Purple Zanzibar handlebar route as that was the cheapest alloy bar about. V cool in 1993.

I'd forgotten the name of the bike after I rattle canned it so thanks for the memory. :D

Back