My ein? Bike, The First. 29er

Its nice to look at but I wouldn't ride it. Hes good at making bikes that look nice but I fear that frame will fail very quickly if ridden properly. Looks very :cool: though.

mikesnowdon":zim8hfq6 said:
Its nice to look at but I wouldn't ride it. Hes good at making bikes that look nice but I fear that frame will fail very quickly if ridden properly. Looks very :cool: though.

The frame is very strong, is true.I use it to buy bread. :oops:
I reinforced the chainStay, I have pieces of aluminum welded and reinforced with three-component epoxy.

Attachments

• DSCF1108.JPG
    DSCF1108.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 1,238
mikesnowdon":27ukppv2 said:

+!...I think you've added more than enough stress risers in your re-creation. Tubing size is engineered in frames. Diameter, how it's ovalized, wall thickness, grade of metal. You take a big risk when you tale a can opener an start cutting into a frame regardless of how much you feel you've reinforced it. My guess is the chain stays will go first, especially if you plan to do any off roading with it.

Back