Out of the skip.. and ready to ride....

legrandefromage":3ct2xxbo said:
Iwasgoodonce":3ct2xxbo said:
Our one, they react as if you had suggested a threesome with them and their mum if you see something you want.

Even after being bombarded with all of LGF's finds I'm genuinely shocked at that Stumpjumper. Good job you were there to save it.

just for you:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 945#676945

That is the same system my mum and dad still refer to as, "Our new music system."

The only thing that bothers me about Skip Find tales like LGF and Malvernman is the thought that there must be tons (literally) of good stuff still going to landfill.........

The mean B******S at our council have stopped people picking up stuff like this from the local dump. Had a couple of good road bikes in the past but now, once it's in it's not allowed to be collected. Something to do with H&S the man told me. He said he used to keep bikes aside and give them away for things like tea & biscuits and the odd couple of quid but now the tip is covered by video surveillance he can't get away with it. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Malvern and the surrounding area is extremely wealthy, our Freecycle network is astounding, 10,000 members and treasure galore..

I have a pair of Spendor BC1 speakers that were just given away...

We have given some old cars away so I suppose we are a bit like that ourselves.

A local tip [ I wont say which one for obvious reasons.. but fairly local ] has in the past supplied me with a brand new Dawes Galaxy [ insurance job ] several 1940-60's retro racers, a few Moultons, various boxes of tools etc and sundry insane treasure ..

I ran a business doing up bikes for several years in the 80's on the cast off local bikes I got out of skips and donated by people who knew what I was doing.

Found this frame

[/img]
1zokaad.jpg
on a pile of rubble a couple of years ago and have done a fair few miles on it, it will be out tomorrow.

You cannot save everything but you can have a go. I have sold bikes to folk as far away as Hong Kong, most are well used but usable and it is satisfying to send em off; 3 speed sit up and beg went to H.K. , a nice old 1950's touring frame to Latvia, M1000 to Spain, Sun tandem to Huddersfield :)
I guess the most important thing is not to hoard stuff and get it to where it might be used and loved... .. I do give bike stuff away locally as do my club mates.

Great find. Found a S Works steel 1991 at mine once and someone else on here found a S Works last week too. Society's loss is our gain.

Ride and enjoy it. Happy days! :cool:

i used to get a lot of nice stuff from our tip (cowp in jockaneese)
but now they segregate stuff and charity it so a load of folk in senagall
get all the telly's/hi,fi's /computers
however a charity called facet get all the bicycles
to send to africa so they can help themselves :cool:
except the sharky bastards at this facility (in a local industrial estate)
sell the good stuff on thebay

:roll:

whats a quango for us commoners called ?

bloody hell, that's a hell of a fantastic find, :cool: :cool:
I'm off to my two local 'recycling centres' tomorrow, and I'm actually gonna take a pic (and I'll post it on this very thread) to show the sort of tat I get in my area.... :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

Emmelle's and appollo's aplenty :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Steve

Back