Bargain Kona

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Just got delivered a very old kona I won on ebay for £38.00

Bargain!

Its a pretty immaculate white Kona Lavadome from 1990 with the original suntour express shifters, X1 groupset. Even the original maximum/reaction tyres and cloth seat are immaculate! What a result.

Will post pics here soon - its intended for my sister as she needed a cheapy bike to use this summer. Good thing is she will keep it garaged and chances are it wont get thrashed/trashed.

16 year old bike and the tyre design are not too disimilar to modern treads. Kona had it right from the start.

I don't think Kona ever improved their paint designs from that 1990's batch...love the way they just splatted paint over their frames...looking forwadr to the pics Jez!

Rich

Where'd you find that Jezza. Damn you. did you flog that other cindercone you beat me on?

It was that smallish whole bike that came up on the bay a while back. I thought it was a cindercone - but it is infact a non-splattered white Kona Lavadome. Funnily enough an old mate who lived down the road used to have an exact one back in the day. Weird.

Back