2000 year Coyote Dual

flynn160603

Devout Dirtbag
Folks been mountain biking since the early nineties but had some time out from it all around 2 years ago for around 5 years, owned all manner of bike in that time wish i'd kept some of them, been on this website for a couple of months after a mate let me have an old frame he used to race dual on back in the day.....

Its a 2000 year model Coyote dual slalom frame, not exactly retro, but i'm glad I have rear disc mounts, nothing flash about it and I dont think it was particularly expensive but he found it bomb proof and had it nicely built up at the time, to be honest I have never seen another one built up not sure if they were that popular, at the time my mate was riding this I built up a Cannondale Super VDH 3000 for racking downhill which was awesome

SDC10085.jpg

SDC10092.jpg

There are no dents or cracks just a bit tatty, the plan is to run it along side my full sus spesh, I want to build it into a good solid trail bike for blasting round the local hills (the mendips)

Single ring up front with 9 speed at the back

The plan is to get the frame powder coated in white and build it up from there, I have most parts i'm doing this on a tight budget so i'm picking bits up as I go and looking for bargains,

I'm going to cut off the 'v' brake mounts before its trip to the coaters

I have just email Gil_m with pictures of the decals as I hope to have the decals done in black

I need a few bits to finish

Tyres, not sure what to run yet but a good all round trail tyre
Disc rotors and mouting hardware
9 speed shifter
9 speed mech
Seat
5 bolt chainring/bash guard

I've built a few bikes up befoire over the years, I may get some new forks for my spesh in the summer and put some black Tora's on the Coyote but that depends on budget.

More pics to follow after poweder coating and the built up start

have you ridden it? geometry might not be suited - maybe best to build and try before you get it painted, just in case.

i like the sound of 1x9. might give it a go sometime

I had one of those, probably back in 2000 too. I had a set of RST High 5's on my to start with, then swopped for some Cannondale upside down forks, with SACHS disc brake. Good frame though, solid.

EarlofBarnet":9ji47uvl said:
I had one of those, probably back in 2000 too. I had a set of RST High 5's on my to start with, then swopped for some Cannondale upside down forks, with SACHS disc brake. Good frame though, solid.

I had those forks on my super V dh.....truely awful....but not as bad as the sachs disc brake.....

lewis1641":fccyhvoo said:
have you ridden it? geometry might not be suited - maybe best to build and try before you get it painted, just in case.

i like the sound of 1x9. might give it a go sometime

I never use the small or big ring....i'm going to that way on my full susser at some point.....I get powder coating done for nowt as my best mate runs an industrial finishing company and i've built up a few credits over the years :D but your right about the geometry if its not up to it i'll just use it for hacking around the local woods and when we go away camping

Although it's called an Ultralite, was it actually made out of Easton Ultralite like the HT2 model they made before? What does it say on that seat tube sticker? I can't find an ad for one in a 2000 mag, but I doubt whether you'd have got change out of £350. The big seller/top rival was the Chameleon and that was £499.

Can't understand the desire to repaint it myself. Looks plenty tough enough as it is. I believe Gil_M is abroad at the moment so don't hold your breath for any decals.

I expect it was designed for a 100mm fork, so it should be ok with a Tora.

I have one of these....
Built it up as my free ridey type bike. I have plenty cross country bikes and a DH bike so thought this would be perfect for bodging around on.
Only thing missing for mine is wheel set and chain and cluster... Then I'll get pics up :D

I have on too, just repainted it baby blue with a set of white z1 bombers.
Its a bit heavy for my liking weighing in at 28.5 lbs but rides sweet enough.

Back