Modolo stems: Equipe, Flash, Q-even, Professional

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I searched all over the web, but I can't find the difference between the Equipe, Flash, Q-even and Professional stems. I do think the Equipe is lighter than the Q-even. Correct?

Does the Flash fits below all?

I've heard of a recall for the Professional stems. Does the same cracking issue applies to other models too?

Would like to know as I am considering them for my Vitus FCK9/Zap build.

Haha you got the Vitus frame off marktplaats? I felt sad for days because it wasn't my size... But hey I still need to build my 992 and I have a ZX-1 at my disposal ;)
On topic, I'm afraid I can't be of much help.. I do have a Modolo Tau stem laying around that I haven't foud a use for yet, although it looks quite nice (CNC machined) and the way it works is nice and quirky.

Yes, it was of Mp. I bought a small load of frames from him. I were visiting some old friends in Grunn, so I was nearby. Other stuff that disappeared in my boot during the weekend were a Fongers Professional (way cool because of the Grunn connection :) ) and a Champion Mondial AA with all black Dura Ace.

I were happy to encounter a Vitus CL1 (MTB) fork at the sellers place. I had the CL1 frame, but not the fork. After 5 years I found the needle in the haystack. I were also given the oppertunity to take a 992 fork with headset parts away ...so if you ever need a fork for your 992...

I digged up an Equipe and Q-even from storage. What I expected is indeed true. The Equipe is the lighter one. They look similar on 1st sight, but comparing them very thouroughly you see the Q-even is near identical in shape but has a tiny little bit more meet here and there. The wedge-bolt is positioned deeper in the Equipe. Shorter means lighter.

Actually the Equipe looks like this Professional --->

EE1473AA-D7E5-4F3F-A83B-4E82F0DF4112.jpeg

For example the shaft shows a ridge the Q-even doesn't show. With the Equipe they've taken material away there. Also around the bar-clamp bolt the Q-even is slightly beefier.

The battery assembly (of the Zap group) won't fit entirely in the 'Equipe' bars. The bend starts too early. So Modolo Equipe off the list. Have to find another cockpit solution now.

Wow I emailed the guy with all the Vitus frames right away when I saw his ads, asking him if he had more Vitus stuff because none of the frames were my size. He told me he didn't have anything else. If he had an MTB Vitus frame to go with the fork I would be on it in a heartbeat! But apparently he only had the fork, I'm just happy it went to someone who can really appreciate it for what it is.
The Fongers frame is a nice find if you're into that kind of thing, I'm still on the lookout for a Cupini frame but they're so hard to find I think I'll have to settle with a Duell or Herman Braun.
The carbon Vitus and the Zap system are a match made in heaven, this is a project i"m interested to see how it turns out! What wheels do you have in mind?

PIGEON":2qgoqczu said:
Wow I emailed the guy with all the Vitus frames right away when I saw his ads, asking him if he had more Vitus stuff because none of the frames were my size. He told me he didn't have anything else. If he had an MTB Vitus frame to go with the fork I would be on it in a heartbeat! But apparently he only had the fork, I'm just happy it went to someone who can really appreciate it for what it is.
The Fongers frame is a nice find if you're into that kind of thing, I'm still on the lookout for a Cupini frame but they're so hard to find I think I'll have to settle with a Duell or Herman Braun.
The carbon Vitus and the Zap system are a match made in heaven, this is a project i"m interested to see how it turns out! What wheels do you have in mind?

He was aware he had a 992 fork, because it written on it. He had no idea the CL1 forks was a CL1 fork. If I hadn't grabbed it, he would probably have trown it away or it would be sitting there for gues. Yes, good I came along. Here a pic of my CL1 with Switchblades fitted --->

84567997_119767ad8e.jpg

The Fongers frame is sure nice. It is actually a Batavus Professional. Fongers was owned by Batavus back in the day. My Fongers was a teambike and supplied by Batavus' race department.

There is a Cupini on the large classified site right now. Giovanni, Cornello, Cupini - all Dutch brands, sometimes even build in Holland, but with Italian sounding names. It won't help my appreciation for them.

The wheels for my Vitus FCK9: The Zap groupset includes hubs. Really nice ones btw. Who will supply the rims? Indeed, Mavic too :)

Haha yes the faux-Italian names are a bit dorky, but I figured if I'm going to be chauvinistic and ride a Dutch steel bike, I might as well do it right and ride a bike built in the city where I was born and raised, Rotterdam. But a Hoek van Holland Duell would fill me with almost the same kind of pride I guess ;)
Anyway make sure to keep us up to date on this project! And on the CL1 once you start building it up.

I will keep you up to date on the FCK9/Zap project. It will not take too long. The CL1 is a project since ca '04 actually :oops: ...and it can still take a while. A friend hopes to open a MTB museum somewhere in 2012. For that purpose I plan to build it up with some nice stuff. Here a page from an early 90s Jan Janssen catalogue showing the CL1 and welded sister SC1 --->

vitus94800.jpg

Back