Ally's Pace RC 200 F2

Wow what a amazing bike you built there very nice build you done there! ;)

Ally":27x5uchl said:
Cheers for the head up aboot the forks. Think theyre fine but i'll strip the the morn and check

The face with the allen heads in should be to the front ;)

Good call on the forks. I just fitted them as they were set-up allready. Cheers for that. How could I have been so blind!

Managed a short spin on it yesterday: Feels very good, need to get it a right run though.

Attachments

• Pace-2 002.JPG
    Pace-2 002.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,842
  • Pace-2 005.JPG
    Pace-2 005.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,842
  • Pace-2 006.JPG
    Pace-2 006.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,842
Lovely build mate, especially love the retro Pace decal on the RC30s, nice choice of components too :cool:

Rich

Did you ride it with the forks as they were?
bet it was right twitchy :LOL:

Anyway, looks the business now,
good to see its out in the mud where it should be, getting hammered! :cool:

G

Na - never rode them like that. Never got that far.

Good eye buddy.

Its had a couple of rides now, allbeit short ones, but the rear mech set-up is unbelievibly smooth. Forks are good also.

If fact, for such a mix of parts, its great.

One of the things I like about retro systems is that parts/componants/brands are so interchangable, and that you can get things working really good between different systems.

Anyone got opinions about the forks? I am considering getting the older, black 531 legs for it. Pretty undecided aboot it though.

Interesting spec on this one.

Assume you're running shifters in friction mode. Had the same rear mech on a winter bike and got it to speak 8-speed but (now I have an SSC version in the display cabinet, waiting for a french frame to put it on) never could get it to index (they're not supposed to after all)

I have a matching Mavic front mech you might be able to twist my arm into a trade for, if the campag one is tasty.

Yup, all my bikes run on friction with the exception of the modern two bikes, so it wasn't an issue for me.

Thanks for the offer to trade mechs, but i'm happy with the Campag one. I do also have a Mavic band on which i'll be modifying to a braze on, once I get some material for it.

If you did ever want to sell however, I may be interested. You could always pm me should you decide to sell.

Back