My New Project...1993.....Steel....

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Woo hoo... after 17 years, I've finally got a 1993 S Works Steel.

And I haven't even taken possession of it...it's still in Joe's capable hands, but I couldn't contain the excitement and had to post this initial pic with it's USE forks on his front room floor. And one of the dent where said fork hit it at some point. :cry:

and another pic, just to prove to me i am panicing unecessarily that it might not be an 18in,,,:LOL:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• IMG00062-20100312-1717.jpg
    IMG00062-20100312-1717.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,389
  • IMG00066-20100312-1719 copy.jpg
    IMG00066-20100312-1719 copy.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,375
  • size.jpg
    size.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,369
Very nice, what are you plans Gus, M900 with cantis? Respray as there's quite a bit of 'character'? Get it build up sharpish for it's debut at HoNC?

Out of interest, and betraying my ignorance, what's the difference between the S Works and the regular Stumpjumper in Prestige?

I don't think there's is a massive amount of difference- no mudguard mounts - possibly welded by the main man at the factory??

Mine was great- I'd like another for sure.

Great potential there Gus :cool:

Those forks are awesome! Are they forming part of the build?

ededwards":1n4zan48 said:
Very nice, what are you plans Gus, M900 with cantis? Respray as there's quite a bit of 'character'?

M952, SIDs, Hugis......

(joke).

Ideally M900, original fork or a nice period fork. 217 cd's.....

however, i think i'll build it up with what i got for now. No respray. I like original paint jobs even when knack'd.

:D

ededwards":2pvwk3pa said:
Out of interest, and betraying my ignorance, what's the difference between the S Works and the regular Stumpjumper in Prestige?
The S-Works had custom-drawn tubing with very short butts and thinner than normal walls. One of the older S-Works catalogues (not in the archive here) goes into a lot of detail about the specific tubing differences and the resulting weight saving.

Might have been one or two small geometry tweaks too.

I thought also this era were built in the US and the Prestigue comp Stumpys were built in Japan, while the boggo Stumps were built in Taiwan.

?

Back