Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

My guess is 88`, because my brother and I both bought exactly the same bike from the same shop on Copley Road ( my brother had a flat opposite ). The shop was ran by a long time friend of my father.....Mr. Bob Read, who sadly passed away a few years ago.

Bob Read

I first knew Bob when he ran a BMX shop from the front of my mate Colin's jewellery shop on East Laith Gate. He died in a car accident about 15 years ago didn't he?

Bob died in what would be classed as a freak of nature.........the car was`nt badly damaged but he was found still at the wheel........his heart had stopped .........probably from the shock of coming off the road.

Re: What year is my Tufftrax?

guitarpete247":3bnwebwy said:
Does anyone know what year my bike is?

There's a yellow Tufftrax in the '87 catalogue but its running Ovaltech and not Bio-Pace (PDF's coming soon :cool: ). I don't have an '88 catalogue so I guess it could be an '88.

Deffo not '89 (blue that year) and the '90 Tufftrax was black.

Is it possible to date the year from the serial number ?

BmPcLRBWkKGrHqIOKiYEtk04ueFnBLeTnEN.jpg

Completely stripped down now ready to refurb. Components seem to date from 94.

Considering "on yer bike" rated it as one of their best selling models, I can't find much info on it? Forks can't be original, and I've got some project 2 threadless to put on. The forks in the picture are Ballistic.

There also seem to be many different variations in the Saracen logo on these bikes.

Can anyone explain why some bikes have the top tube extended with the "S" logo embossed and some don't?
:?

Early to mid 90's had top tube that pierced the seat tube with the 's' logo.
Then they phased this design out in the sport range but was kept in the competition range.
Hope this helps explain.
Cheers,
Chaser.

Ah...cheers Chaser. Seems I am correct in thinking 94/95 then.

As you are in Cannock, you must have experienced the trails on the Chase. Looking forward to trying them, when the rebuild is done ;)

Yes I am always on the Chase.
Let me know when you are coming, we can ride together.
Cheers,
Chaser.

Year from serial number

everest30 said:
Is it possible to date the year from the serial number ?

I hadn't thought of looking at that.

Mine is "T88110016". So I assume that is a "T"ufftrax from 19"88" as some of you suggested.

Does anyone have a catalogue or advert from 1988?

Back