Halson inversion forks *****help!

retroroger

Retro Newbie
Hi All, won myself a very nice 95 proflex 955 on fleabay last week. Well chauffed with it as it has a rock shock sid conversion on the rear that works very well indeed. The issue is the forks, as they are Halsons and I need to look at some new gaitors for them once I've given them a strip and grease. I've been told that Halsons went out of business over a decade ago, does anyone know anything about these forks and specifically if I'm likely to find anyone on this planet who has spare decent gaitors for them??

The forks steer really well and I ride pure xc so the two inches of travel is fine for me - and I'd rather keep them than just chuck them out!!

Thanks for any help
Roger

[/b]

Roger,

Can't offer any help I'm afraid, but might be interested in buying the forks if you decide to sell. Have always fancied a set but not yet seen any for sale....!

Hi, thanks for the reply, will have a think about selling them. The bike would look better with some early Manitou's (as it's polished alloy with anodised stuff) - 1's 2's or 3's, would be good. Don't have any to swap do you???!

Regards
Roger

No Manitous I'm afraid. Have RC35, Mag 20, and FSX forks but these are all doing duty on other bikes... They pop up quite regularly on the 'bay though. Actually, I've got a pair of Manitou Mach 5s on MissBurning's bike if you fancied them?

Actually they might be quite good for you. They're form '95 ish and used the EFC internals. Could exchange pics if you fancy?

Thanks for the offer boyburning,but I have some mach 5's. Would you consider the RC 35's??
Could swap pics on Monday as my Pc is down and am using a blackberry!
Cheers
Roger

Sure thing, I can understand that need, indeedn, sounds like a nice machine. Do you want to drop me your email address so that I can get in touch if I do sell them?

Regards
Roger

Sorry people...

Realised I completely hijacked this thread and it probably belongs in a different section now...

Unless, as original post:

Anyone know where to find gaitors for Halson Inversion forks?

Latest posts

Back