BoTM March 2010 - Downhill Special - Nominations please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have my standard dilema, vote for the i would spend the most time looking at, or the one with the most 'life'.

looks, gadro's or gary t's

life, the mongoose or the yeti..

the pace is ace (i'm a poet and i didnt recognise the fact) but the fact it couldn't be ridden to its fullest potential (and rightly so) perturbs me.

The Yeti for me so far due to it's history.
Saying that, the 'goose actually being ridden in a World Cup race by a member does have some serious credibility for my vote. It may have only been a qualifying race but he did it all the same.
BUT Gadro's Lobo is up there too.
The Pace may be rare but just doesn't 'do it for me' compared to the others.

Has to be the Yeti... that's been my dream bike since forever!
Then Chris's (scrat) Giant ATX (also a dream bike, but MUST be that colour)
And then the Palmer replica.

I love retro DH! :D

Maybe this month we could vote for more then 1 bike? :p
Like vote for your top 3 in order....

i wil try to add another pic of my bike.

HPIM0143.jpg

sinnett177":343ap6wn said:
Seemingly we have developed c-26 blindness here on retrobike, that or we'd rather debate the legality of downhill rigs. Is this a replica of JT's old race bike or the real deal?

:LOL: everyone has one these days.

That particular (probable replica) C-26 of mtnwing's has been around for a while. Full details here > http://www.mountainbikes.net/carbon/c26.htm . Good job mind, his posting was a b it 'too cool for school' though. Which will you enter (if at all) mtnwing?

Good to see this BoTM is generating a little positive debate. We'll put more or less anything through to the final poll, it's up to the voters to decide on their own criteria. Be good to see a clunker entered (and win). Dr S???

For me it is a 2 horse race; I recon the Yeti and the Diamond Back are great examples of retro downhill bikes, and my criteria is that they were actually raced by the famous factory riders, Jimmy Deacon, Dave Cullinan at the big events.

I don't think we should restrict ourselves to FS bikes. Rigid bikes with Tioga Disk Drives were still the norm until '93; A Kona Hei HEi (Cindy Devine '90) Chas Roberts (Dave Hemming '92) Salsa A la carte (JMC '92) would all qualify for me.

I would love to see a red and yellow Cannondale Delta V from the Volvo / Cannondale Reebok team of 1993 Myles Rockwell / Missy Giove.

well, against my better judgement I'm entering this as it:

1 > IS a DH bike (using Gadros criteria)
2 > the local DHers keep telling me it's retro*

personally I dont agree as it's post millennium but i'll let you guys decide...

Attachments

• DSC01175.JPG
    DSC01175.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 517
Some great entries, and interesting debate.
The mtn cycle shockwave is one of the plushest DH bikes I ever tried - a mate had one and I loved it. Saying that I won't be voting for it as its not quite my definition of retro :cry: .
I guess the lack of entries reflects the fact that its fairly easy to build an XC retro bike and ride it on the terrain it was designed for, but a retro DH bike is kinda difficult to find a reason to own other than the gorgeous replicas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back