new ritchey project

kona kid

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
well, I've been a bit quiet recently, been off to Le Mans (wet and great!) and also picked up a new (old) frame - might have seen it here as it was for sale on the forum, a 97 (?) P-20, an ex-show bike so never ridden but a few scratches from storage (will make me feel not so bad when its finally built and then gets scratched!)

anyway, there's some begging going to be happening on the wanted forum for bits - I think it'll be as much ritchey as i can get (maybe some modern stuff too as it's still quiet classic looking) but mainly built around 950etc XTR, prob 8spd but with Vees, really need a Logic Crankset if anyone has got a nice one? other major things will be forks/stem as it's 1", SIDs in 1" would be great (do they exist?)....

one question someone might be able to answer, there's a boss on the seat tube where the granny ring runs, no idea what it's for, seems too low for a braze on front mech so maybe some chain guide thing? any ideas?

rear cable guide is neat too!

Attachments

• p20-1.JPG
    p20-1.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 2,010
  • p20-8.JPG
    p20-8.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,010
  • p20-6.JPG
    p20-6.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 2,010
  • p20-3.JPG
    p20-3.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,010
I think the hole near the b/b is for a roller to stop the chain from rubbing the paintwork off the b/b area when it slips off like on here

trimblewave1.jpg

nice frame btw ;)

Depends on the age of the frame but is that a hole for an e-style front mech? Maybe the seattube is so thin that it can't cope with a normal clamp on mech and needs a lovely swanky XTR carbon e-style mech!

It runs an e-type front mech. The seat tube is ovalised slightly so a shimano mech won't fit. You might get a horrible plastic sram one on there. Mine runs a M953 XTR e-type over 46/34/24 rings. ;)
I was wondering if some had bought this. They're absolutely stunning to ride, little flexible, but hugely rewarding to ride.
I'll update the pics on mine at some point, when its sunny, so next year then. :evil:

Very nice Guy. All these projects are making me feel like a fraud with my diminished stable.

Next Le Mans for me is 2009 as I now only go on non footy tournament years. (bad experiences a la En-Ger-Land fans in previous Euro/ world championships).

Let's see those brakes and tyres then...

Ritchey

Lovely frame mate.Would love a Ritchey but unfortunately short on funds to finance new project! Also the girlfriends not to keen on lots of bikes hanging around the house!
Max

Back