My New (1997) AMP B4 Mercedes Edition

Redpoint510

Dirt Disciple
Picked up my new baby today. Its a 1997 AMP Mercedes Edition complete bike. This bike is totally showroom and I doubt its been ridden more than 20 feet since it was purchased by the original owner. There is not a mark on this bike anywhere, not a paint chip or spec of dirt or grease except for a greasy/dusty chain. The aluminum could use a polish from years of being stored but its really not bad at all. Its a 21" and I picked it up for $500 and I feel it is worth every cent. Here are the specs:

21" AMP B4 Frame (disc) and carbon fork.
Syncros Hammer and Cycle stem.
Tange ahead set (being replaced with a red King headset next week)
Full Shimano XT Group including the cranks.
Mavic 221 rims
Front hub is AMP specific fully sealed
Rear hub I am unsure of the brand at the moment
Ritchey Pro riser bars
AMP disc brakes and calipers
Thomson seat post
SDG Leather perforated and kevlar seat
Came with Wellgo pedals which were swapped out for Eggbeaters after the photos were taken.
Generic Cheng Shinn tires are the worst spec on the entire bike

I have always wanted an AMP. Back in the day they were the gold standard for rear suspension design and its a great CX bike even by today's standards.

Weighs in at 24lbs. I'll post up some pics as soon as I'm able.

Here are a few pics. Let me know what you think.

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0252.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0245-1.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0243-1.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

Sweet ride. Welcome to the board. It's great to find a time capsule ain't it :D Hopefully spring comes sooner than later for you so you can actually ride your dream bike on some of those Pennsylvanian trails.

I've actually been riding my other mountain bike (97 Cannondale Cad 3) all winter long on the rail trails around here although I am officially over winter riding for sure. Its been in the 50's here for the last few weeks so things are looking up and hopefully it will stay that way so I can put some miles on the new ride.

nice bike and for 500$ a real bargain in that nick. maybe the orignal seller bought the bike when he got his Merc. and some money was left - it was en vouque for car mfg. BITD to offer MTBs under their brand.

always wanted one of the bikes (Mongoose, AMP or those ltd. ed.) as the design of that bikes are spot on.

Great looking bike. Love those carbon fiber AMP forks!

I actually grew up in the Lehigh Valley. Small world. :D

wow $500 is a deal for that bike! especially given the condition and the nice carbon fork! :shock: also really love the colour of those mavic rims! wish i had a set! :cool:

Saw that on the local Craigslist...if I was just a bit taller ;)

Glad to see it ended up in the hands of some one who will cherish it...it's a beauty, congrats.

Steve

Back