Raleigh Team Burner

Do it and get it restored. If you need any more detailed infor you could joing one of the Burner specific forums like Burnerworld Forum or Raleigh Burner Forum.

well, i dug it out..

MagBurner.jpg

..desperate need of TLC, and nothing i can do about it at the moment. Will be staying at my folks until i can find some more funds

at least it's still there!

muddyfox_courier":21aa5gja said:
That's technically not the team burner.It's the team replica ,type thing.
It was a basic burner painted up in the team colours with ,i believe ,simplex mag wheels.
The true 'team Burner' was made by tange in Japan and shipped over.Raleigh just stickered em up,hence no head badge.Dia-compe ,skyways etc.They were a much much better bike than any other burner with 'proper' geometry ,unlike regular burners that had no geometry.At all.
To confuse matters further ,'actual 'team burners ,ie ridden by the team were different again .Handmade at RSP in ilkeston.
My mate rode for Raleigh.
Jon lee .Where are they now ?
He ended up doing me a deal on my team burner after he let his RSP one go.I found mine complete 100% in a skip and restored it.
It was very nice in the end.
here's Tony law ,another old buddy ,posing on it at the inaugural Alan's old school BMX national in '01 ,before Jon got it.Craig Scofield in the background,who signed the plate.

I cant see the pics on this??
I just joined on the back of this thread, I have one of the handmade team burners needing a lot of love. I think i feel a project coming on.

welcome in ;)

are you using a phone to see thread ?

you should have the pictures come up

get some pictures of your ride before you start and any info that is about it - all help is here to get you going from start to finish ;)

start a new thread all about it and your self ;)

cheers B ;)

Thanks man.

I will do that, i got to dig out some pics from when she was just a few days old.......before it went wrong! :roll:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back