MM - The aftermath

superstrong":3ual22fw said:

Good mention, they get most of it right :D

One of the first back was elite rider Geoff Beetham riding a decidedly older bike than usual. His steed of choice this weekend, a 1988 Overbury, a real retro bike, which is just as well as that's who he was riding for.

Good picture of everyone on the grid, not quite sure what Geoffrey is doing though.

whatever mingers....

actually, i was warned about the pic last night. the china man/slim shady/ping pong/yoda/pecker legs/man with many nicknames reckoned i was having a fit. maybe i was about to do my giraffe impersonation.

Not to forget Geoff's mention by Smashie and Nicie in the commentary booth..

Happy Birthday JV, 35 is it ?

superstrong":2yc64it0 said:
whatever mingers....

actually, i was warned about the pic last night. the china man/slim shady/ping pong/yoda/pecker legs/man with many nicknames reckoned i was having a fit. maybe i was about to do my giraffe impersonation.

:LOL:

What was Geoffs mention from the DeeJays?

40 today actually. Roll on 50.

As the leaders came round the bend they said ' and here we have the first runners back to the start led by Geoff Beetham', not exactly ground breaking but a good bit of PR for Superstrong... I think it was followed by a 'cough, what the f*ck is he riding !!' ( I may have made the last bit up.)

i actually recall they mentioned "skipping like a gazelle". maybe Terry Nutkins aka Heathy could confirm, he seems to have been the resident retrobike animal spotter.

can still feel legs from the run today

jv - congratulations on the big 4-0.

Latest posts

Back