East Midlands ride Sunday 14th March: UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been rumbled already but i'm also not able to attend. my van's engine blew months ago leaving me reliant on the wife's car. i am riding with the lincolnshire lot in sunny scunny instead.

have a good ride

What sort of terrain are we looking at for sunday. I'm on fully rigid with 1.5 tyres at the moment, just wondering whether to stick some wider tyres on or not.
:? :? :?

Fully rigid will be fine. There are sections that are loose and stoney, but no major rocky stuff. I tend to favour 2.1 on front and 1.8 / 1.9 at the back but even 1.5s at both ends with plenty of pressure could cope. There will be mud and probably thorns, as we skirt plenty of hedges, so a spare tube and patches are heavily recommended.
Hope this helps
:)
Rob

Yeah, I'll have spare tubes with me but I didn't want to need to be stopping every 10 minutes because of unsuitable rubber !

well just as i was getting some free time i go and break 1 of my toes, so i wont be around for about 3 weeks :cry:

Right. I will be there on sunday but probably only for the afternoon ride...

but I might have my two brothers with me...

and they might be riding ridgid retro...

So does bringing people make up for not making the morning? :oops: ;)

go on then since it's you ;)

So, part of the ride was recce'd on Tuesday and the news is the trails are dry :shock: :shock: (except for the woods).

What's everybody riding then?

I think I may be bringing my Orange Vitamin T :D

Right, my brother Dave has a Marin and Rob has a Ridgeback...

Attachments

• Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 695
  • CIMG1211small.jpg
    CIMG1211small.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 695
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back