Marantz CD 63 KI Signature CD Player with remote control

Fenland Dragon

Devout Dirtbag
With the imminent return of my Audion monoblocks from service. I need the shelf space therefore I need to let this one go:

Marantz CD 63 KI Signature CD Player with remote control - needs no introduction.

Finished in Black.

Very good condition and working order. I have been using this as a CD transport feeding into my Perpetual Kit, it sounds fantastic as a stand alone CDP too. I have modified the power supply inlet by fitting an IEC connector to enable the use of upgraded IEC cables.

£100 - collected

or

£110 Posted within UK.

Sorry but fitting the IEC connector compromises the safety of the potential new owner. This equipment is double insulated so does need an earth and will not benefit in any way from using a so called 'upgraded' IEC cables.

You should never modify equipment in this way unless you are qualified.

I think most Marantz gear has the "Double Square" for the double insulation Class II near the power socket. This means that it does not require an earth.

Rich

Don't get me going about cable upgrades in digital stuff. :roll:
Yes, so I guess there's also audiophile twin + earth in the walls... :LOL:

And of course a special mains cable produces more perfect 1's and better 0's in digital bitstreams.

legrandefromage":1z9kq6a0 said:
Sorry but fitting the IEC connector compromises the safety of the potential new owner. This equipment is double insulated so does need an earth and will not benefit in any way from using a so called 'upgraded' IEC cables.

I have been using an OYAIDE IEC connector based cable with good results. Infact the IEC connector fitted to the CDP is an OYAIDE as well.

Fenland Dragon":36j7may8 said:
legrandefromage":36j7may8 said:

I have been using an OYAIDE IEC connector based cable with good results. Infact the IEC connector fitted to the CDP is an OYAIDE as well.

what a waste of money! If you want to make your hifi 'sound' better - get an electrician to fit a dedicated ring mains for it. Fitting daft plugs and sockets does absolutely nothing except lightening your wallet. RF suppression is done inside the unit itself by the manufacturer.

To put people off being duped by this rubbish we used to invalidate their warranty - and on a single £14,000 purchase that was a big issue.

Latest posts

Back