yay! just won a sunn retro beauty

Beauty?!

If (when) you get it resprayed, gilm on here is the guy to make up your decals - if he's not too busy!

well, it's no pedigree custom jobby but i always wanted one of these back in 97

gonna make a frankenbike for my gf, it was pretty pricey at the time i seem to remember... those funny sunn forks though.

that's lovely - the forks were Sunn's own - called "Obsys" as in obstacle system which were really very good - I used to work in a shop where we sold Sunn, they were never that popular compare to the Scotts and Fishers we also sold, but they oozed quality. I always think of them as very much a French Kona (back when they were predominantly steel) - where overall design and ride quality (and speed) were the most important aspects. We had a '97 Revolt hardtail (there were 2 versions hard and softtail all else the same) in black but it was 16" - had been 18" I'd still be riding it today.

thats exaclty what i remember of them, fast steel good quality... i think this just going to be a runaround which is a shame, it would be too pricey to built up retro... it's going to have left over bits...

kona/GT/genesis rigid forks
primo cranks and roox chain device
on-one bmx stem
old answer carbon bars
diacompe levers
moots post
fizik nisene cow print saddle
sachs singlespeed drum wheels on disc only rims
some semi slick tyres, maybe some IRC if i can get some.

all in a 150quid bike for the girlfreind that i can steal when she isnt looking. it doesnt deserve the moots post though so that may be sold instead to fund the whole bike!

aha, alison.. north yorkshire too, where abouts you based? everyday that goes by i seem to find more local riders who frequent these online thingemies.

i'm up in harrogate and met a guy called berni on stw the other day, think i will go ride with him... need to find an excuse to get my girlfreind riding so i don't feel so guilty.

I'm from a village the Scarborough side of Malton. I know few riders down this end.

I tend to go out at the weekend with my husband and slow him down no end. I only got back into regular riding quite recently and am building up my strength and staminar again.

i don't mind being dragged behind by lizzie. it certainly give me an excuse to take a breather! i am no good at hills. pah.

Back