User reviews section

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
How about a retro review section? It could cover bike parts, complete bikes & frames. Most on this site have lots of experience of bikes. So tell us about the kit. Just like we do with shops eg chainreactiocycles. :evil:
I've just bought from my local Evens a USE Atom carbon bar. And it a well made peace of carbon, light 120grs. Score 9.5/10 as price is a bit high

If the likes of MBuk can do reviews then with the people on this site can do a lot better :D Just an idea to help

tintin40":32hv7uta said:
How about a retro review section? It could cover bike parts, complete bikes & frames. Most on this site have lots of experience of bikes. So tell us about the kit. Just like we do with shops eg chainreactiocycles. :evil:
I've just bought from my local Evens a USE Atom carbon bar. And it a well made peace of carbon, light 120grs. Score 9.5/10 as price is a bit high

If the likes of MBuk can do reviews then with the people on this site can do a lot better :D Just an idea to help

Worth considering....but if you want the ultimate in user review sites check mtbr.com. It's pretty much tidied up on this sort of thing.

I've seen it done before on other forums and what tends to happen is people just rave about their own kit. Saying that it might work here as people could review kit they used BITD looking back with a bit of hindsight. But then it'd probably degrade into love it/hate it arguements like the coolwall. So on the whole, I'm undecided. maybe.

Agree with John. Stick to mtbr for this - as long as you can look past the appallling spelingg and the slagging off of reviewers when they disagree on the merit of certain kit...

In my opinion so many reviews are a waste of time. MTBR has some good info but you've got to wade through the rubbish of self justification and d*&^ waving - sorry but it is. "I've just bought this titanium doodah and it's great and you should all buy one"... So... you've never used it and yet you write a review... MUPPET!

I often wonder if magazine reviews are much better. Look back at how ISIS was the greatest when it came out, and then hollowtech2... and now both of these are rubbish.

I've seen so much fancy stuff break that these days I tend to stick to the stuff that I know works. Never buy the Mk1 version of anything (says he with a gbox bike???).

I have no answers only questions... but if someone asks my opinion I'm happy to give my 2pence particularly on the older kit on here... much of which I love the look of but would not be happy to use or buy.

Back