And today I did......

therealkw15":qlotakj3 said:
Handily numbered so that this can act as a guide for Zigzag for the repackaging on the way back, for we have come to an arrangement.
I am liking the attention to detail! You getting a set of bars done too?

No, no bars, as I have a fairly pristine set from the other Tufftrax. The scabbiest bit is the stem, which has taken a fair bit of tuction over the years, but it'll be sanded and rattlecanned if anything.

Bike is in the post today, £13.50 Parcelforce 48 for an 8kg parcel, which was cheaper and lighter than I expected! Of course it'll be about a pound heavier once it is powdercoated...

went a run and knocked a headset out the Azonic. The headtube is recesssed to take the cups of a headset, recessed to a depth of 13mm and the headset cups are 14mm :twisted: buggerin'erse. I have a generic headset that should fit though.

Experienced the rear derry on my ride-to-work Cinder Cone become VERY friendly with rear wheel spokes, doubling up on itself and locking wheel on the way back to work this afternoon :shock:

Fortunately at low speed and the only thing broken is the derraileur.

Had to run/walk/push back uphill home to get spare Cinder Cone :D , equipped with xtr lovliness, to get back in, late :roll:

Mech is gubbed so replacement goes on tonight . :(

Worked late. Stuck the head tube decal on the Stumpy, and contemplated where the build goes from here. Played about with seat tubes and saddles... Maguras out, canti's in, form triumphs over function, I am a bit conflicted :?

ZZ I'd go for full period XT groupset if I could source it or even rarer Full DX which I believe was the original spec, I still have the DX front mech but its a bit scruffy if you want it ?

Cheers velo, thanks for the offer. Funnily enough I've actually got all the XT bits for it, I was just wanting to avoid the cantis.

Back