haldon aftermath! sorry it was late!! 9/3/10

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
sorry for the late aftermath thread, felt a bit rough so didn't get the camera out of the car and do anything with it!! :oops:

anyway, only a small turn out but as usual, there was the customery handshakes in the car park and the who are you questions, then the follow up yeah but what's your usename questions!! :LOL:

anyway, after arriving late i got changed and on the bike in quick time and was then led onto the red(?) route, initially i was a little worried as the were loads of little kids everywhere and i was paranoid as to what was ahead then next thing i knew we were on some awsome singletrack and not a kid in sight!! :D :D

there was loads of up and down as i expected, i wasn't going too badly considering my recent lack of riding but was still totally put to shame by some of the others . . . well everyone really!! :LOL:

after some very technical riding (especially for a 92 explosif!) we eventually ended up back at the trail centre car park with a cafe. we shouldn't have stopped, as soon as i cooled down and had munchies i just wanted to mong out!!! :LOL: and so did most of those who were left!

i think only tom continued on but then he didn't have a 2 hour drive back!!! :LOL:

all i can say is tom is very lucky to have that place on his doorstep.

good days(!!!??) riding!! :D :D

pics in no particular order!

Attachments

• heathy rode retro, honest.jpg
    heathy rode retro, honest.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 1,819
  • jango and his diamond back with judy fsx.jpg
    jango and his diamond back with judy fsx.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,819
  • jimbo.jpg
    jimbo.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,819
  • jimbo's diamond back.jpg
    jimbo's diamond back.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,819
more pics :D

Attachments

• the motley crew.jpg
    the motley crew.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,819
  • tiboltrider.jpg
    tiboltrider.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,819
Nice to see ya all. Think I've got man flu, probably account for not being able to breathe to well in the cold that day! :roll: :?

Better late than never, JB... don't let it happen again.... ;-)

Mr K
NAC

PS. Is Jango sporting 'Buffalo'??? The boy is regressing... :LOL:

Wow looks like a top ride done there, I was gunna try and make it but had a family doo that got in the way ! Will have to go next time for sure.

And Heathy rode retro ................... yea right :razz:

Cheers guys, was nice to meet y'all :D
I ended up doing another lap and a half, and then had to go home and write 45 Yr10 school reports that I'd successfully been putting off all week.

As this is (quite literally!) on my doorstep, I'm always happy to show anyone around up on Haldon. The best stuff is always the unmarked stuff!

will definitely ride here again, those who didn't come or haven't been before really missed out i think, more singletrack in one place than i have in the whole of the new forest!! :shock: and i'm not joking either!!

dam i missed it

hi guys i was up riding at haldon on sunday afternoon with my 11 year old son riding the red route. if i had known there was a ride in the morning i would have come up and ridden(got new computer on saturday and internet) i sure there will be plenty others coming up.

Well worth turning out for - thanks for featuring me + machine in the pics!
Woodbury Common might be a good venue for a future meet.

Back