Peugeot... pretty much done, need opinions

What should I do with the seat and post?

• Keep the current seat and post?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black post and Flite style seat?

• Keep the seat and go black post?

• Keep the post and go Flite style seat?

• Total voters

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
Finally got this together after a while of owning it!
Chris (scrat) gave me the frame afer I commented that I quite liked it... It's hand braised out of reynolds tubing, pity the original rigid forks were poked. Never fear though! I happened to have a pair of Mag 21's lying around, they had a 1 1/4" steerer which I swapped out for a 1 1/8th with a LBS. Has original LX derailuers and hubs, Mountain LX cranks, deore thumbies and brake levers. Had the matching canti's but we agreed that the wider profile canti's suited the frame alot better. Chris also donated the seat (looks bent in photo's but it's not) and post. NOS shimano sharkfin as well. Need to get some amber wall tyres, just chucked on a couple I had lying around to get it rolling.

Not sold on the seat and post though...I'm thinking a black post and flite style seat... Chris says leave as it... What do people think?

Attachments

• Pug.JPG
    Pug.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 1,405
  • Pug (2).JPG
    Pug (2).JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 1,405
  • Pug (3).JPG
    Pug (3).JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,405
If ya gonna quote me at least tell the kiddies what I actually said...........
I said NO way to the Flite, track down a Turbo and be done with it
Maybe a Brooks?

Have to say I'm not sold on the Mag21s either, but I don't have a solution

Yeah i'm not sold on the Mag21's either... Although the steerer that I swapped for fit's perfectly!
I have a couple rigids already and would like 1 bike with suspension.

Turbo saddle would be cool, so would a brooks... might try and track down one or the other.

Now that takes me back. My second MTB was a Peugeot Altitude, same frame but with DX. & a lot of purple
You don't see much 531 anymore.

Black post and turbo/rolls I reckon. Skinwall tyres also a winner.

What's the riding like in Christchurch?

John":25wccdws said:
Black post and turbo/rolls I reckon. Skinwall tyres also a winner.

What's the riding like in Christchurch?

Guv, the riding here is awesome! like scotland really, Nice and steep volcanic formed hills with tussock grasses. Locals are very friendly
Boy'O Boy has been out here recently and has photos and GPS data of some of our trails. He aseemed to enjoy himself

(sorry bout the thread hijak)

R: minor point, lose the modern cassette with holes in it! Leroy is bound to have one

Yeah went for a hunt at a LBS for some skin walls but couldn't find a pair...
Cassette was just one I had lying round, was destined for another bike but put it on here to get it going.

Think i'm going to hunt out a black post and turbo... Anyone know the seatpost diameter? The sizing on the post has worn off....

And as Scrat said the MTBing here is really good... everything from beginners to advanced.... Hills and flat also.

Nice, very retro. IIRC, the Mag21 forks are a good age match or not too long after the bike?

My mate had a new set back in the day (91/92), they were fairly nice when they were working but I seem to remember for every mile he rode 'em, he had to top up the air in the legs about eleventy-thousand times :LOL: .

Aesthetically, seat post should match colour of fork legs if possible. Same angle opposite corners. Saddle is to fat for frame, more important it matches your rear than the bike though.

Back