MM - The aftermath

Good to see a load of pictures in already. Hoping there will be a few more from the official photographers.

Now the dust has settled and I've only half a house full of muddy kit to sort through thought I'd take the time to post up a few favourite memories from the weekend

-Excellent retrobike turnout. 14 at the camp, 3 teams riding with loads more popping into the stand.
-Jeffy leading out the entire MM field on the '88 Overbury's
-Loads of bikes and loads of interest from trade and punters alike in the retrobike stand.
-The bagpiper. No idea what he was there for. Especially bad when he was piping atop the grassy bank of doom.
-The mud on Sunday. 8 lbs of it adhered to my mudspeed. Half expected the bagpiper to reappear and men blowing whistles to start shouting "over the top lads" and the like.
-The disco tent with the glow sticks. Which leads on nicely to…
-Heathy's "Gorilla Experience".
-The BBQ on Friday night (thanks esp. to Mr and Mrs K)
-Did I mention the rain?
-Loads of positive words from pretty much everyone whilst racing the Yo. Ruddy faced stw reader excepted. You know who you are !!
-Loads of mentions from the commentators.
-The Army man (see one of Mr Ks snaps) enthusiastically asking me several times why I wasn't riding the Nishiki Alien. The fact it wasn't my bike seemed to escape him.
-What I intended to be a final showboat lap turning into a mud fest. See the mud point above.
-Taking the finish on the final showboat lap.
-Cool Hand Ed's snack egg energy food.
-Ed riding Solo. Fair play.

Finally a big thanks to everybody who was at MM. Alan, Max, Jez, Gus, Sarah, Andy, Mrs C, James F, Heathy, Jeffy, James W, Neil, Jo, Suzanne, Simon, Simons pals. Nice one

Just a thought and while the spirit is strong, but I'm planning a Trans Cambrian (100 miles across Wales, three days) with a friend in August or September.

It's a planned route - I have a pdf of the Singletrack article somewhere plus details of the route - and involves overnight stops at B and Bs, pubs etc. so would be perfect in case anyone was only available for a day or two (or for the whole thing of course).

If anyone is interested in joining in let me know, I'll plan in greater detail when I get back from holiday.

It looks like you all had fun. That photo of the Overburys being given some stick is fantastic :cool:

Mrs Wu's pics...

Attachments

• Stand.jpg
    Stand.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 4,550
  • mud.jpg
    mud.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 4,549
  • Comment.jpg
    Comment.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 4,548
  • HeathyCook.jpg