Let's see some Bontys

John":1zp58up2 said:
hollister":1zp58up2 said:
Lid":1zp58up2 said:
Under construction, silver with black.
NOS chrome forks.
One piece stem bar, black.
Yes I know the top sticker is backwards but it was done by the paint shop and then clearcoated so..
that frame is suspension corrected (you know how bad i want that fork) :shock:

How can you tell if the frame is suspension corrected? Any give aways? Or do you just want the fork so badly you're prepared to go the extra yard ;)
cause it looks like a 94 frame

hollister":2ff9z83b said:
John":2ff9z83b said:
hollister":2ff9z83b said:
Lid":2ff9z83b said:
NOS chrome forks.
Yes I know the top sticker is backwards but it was done by the paint shop and then clearcoated so..

How can you tell if the frame is suspension corrected? Any give aways? Or do you just want the fork so badly you're prepared to go the extra yard ;)

OK. What are the give aways? Dropout design and two piece stays?

John":1rwwvovn said:
hollister":1rwwvovn said:
John":1rwwvovn said:
hollister":1rwwvovn said:
Lid":1rwwvovn said:
NOS chrome forks.

OK. What are the give aways? Dropout design and two piece stays?
what looks like bonded bottle bosses, drop outs, segmented stays, tigged cable guides, slash cut decals(though he mentioned repaint, i would assume new decals)etc

White frame and white forks will look cool, white bikes always do. My mate had a white Fuquay with white judy sls, looked great :cool:

I had thought the the frame was a 92 untll Hollister mentioned that it looked like a 94. So dur out the original purchase order from Jez at The Fridge and he was right. It is a 94. It has the bonded waterbottle bosses and the later drop out shape.
I am planning to get a machinest friend to make me a spacer for the fork.
As Holister says it is a non sus fork 385mm. When I bought the frame The Fridge people were getting Greg Fuquay to weld up sus corrected rigid forks. I got one and the axle to crown is 400mm.
So was thinking a 1.5cm spacer/sleeve the same size as the headset should work.

My 93 Race Lite

Got this a little while back. Used to belong to Kurt Ferber - former Machinist/Alignment guy at Bontrager in Santa Cruz.

93 Race Lite with full m900 XTR, Bontrager crowned Judy FSX, Bontrager carbon post and 1-piece bar/stem and BCX 1 and 2 rims... 23.5 pounds soaking wet, and it's a daily rider. Got it to replace my old Race Lite that was nicked from my garage last November. A lucky find, for sure, thanks to one Mr Don Whitehead.

Attachments

• bonty.jpg
    bonty.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,541
Lid":2a59uum3 said:
I had thought the the frame was a 92 untll Hollister mentioned that it looked like a 94. So dur out the original purchase order from Jez at The Fridge and he was right. It is a 94. It has the bonded waterbottle bosses and the later drop out shape.
I am planning to get a machinest friend to make me a spacer for the fork.
As Holister says it is a non sus fork 385mm. When I bought the frame The Fridge people were getting Greg Fuquay to weld up sus corrected rigid forks. I got one and the axle to crown is 400mm.
So was thinking a 1.5cm spacer/sleeve the same size as the headset should work.
just pop a headset spacer under the crown race doohickey(works like a charm, or sell me the fork :D )

Nah, never had the chance to own a bonty yet, wouldn't mind one someday so I could pair it up with my bonty crowned rockshox mk1's.

maybe one day eh ;)

Hollister you are not supposed to tell me that.....I mean thanks for the info.
So there are allready headset spacers in our world?
(Wow thats so cool) Did I say that out loud?

Back