The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1990-91 XT

FluffyChicken":34erpr9i said:
triumph_pilot":34erpr9i said:
I just got a well-used 1990/91 Tech "Wild Thing" MTB that I'm trying to decide what to do with.

I have no emotional attachment to this bike whatsoever, so I'm basically weighing "part it out" versus "restore it and sell to some unappreciative hipster"

Can someone give me a value on any of the following components? Assume "fair to good" condition - this bike was used well, but then stored close to a dryer vent. It's less minty, more linty.

Brake Levers: ST-M091 (two-finger, no window, w/ XT 3x7 pods)
Brakes: BR-M732 cantis, with...
Brake Pads: SCOTT/MATHAUSER salmon colored pads

Front Hub: HB-M730 XT
Rear Hub: FH-M732 XT

ONZA bar ends wrapped in hockey tape (sticky cloth tape)
AVOCET saddle, gel / cloth, circa 1989
KALLOY seat post, 29.4 diameter (I would not sell this separately, as it seems an unusual size)

Crank: FC-M730, 175mm - chainrings look worn out

Front Der.: FD-M735, good shape
Rear Der.: RD-M735, fair shape (scratched badly)

I don't expect to be sitting on a gold mine here, but that's just my first impression... my suspicion is that this bike was over $1000US in 1990, which puts it in the "unaffordable" bracket...!

TIA - and photos available on request, if there's a wide range of values. I found that eBay wasn't very indicative of value, I saw stuff ranging from tens to hundreds of dollars.

That's basic kit and condition will determine everything, any play in the mechs will drop the price or at least get people pissed of when they buy them (and a good advert ;))
You'll have to search for the prices or take a stab, you can always lower them.

Though the front mech being band on (so FD-M735-EC ) will be interesting to some.

M-730 'basic kit'??? each shimano item is worth between £12 and £25 or $20 - $40 USD

Ronson 531 ATB Frame

I have decided to sell this frame. It was bespoke built in 86` or 87` from a Reynolds 531 ATB tubeset ( BB stamped ). As you can see it is a nicely made fillet brazed frame, with drop-out adjusters.

Any idea of value ?

Attachments

• P3070001.JPG
    P3070001.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,441
Re: Ronson 531 ATB Frame

Marmite King":33do4ww0 said:
I have decided to sell this frame. It was bespoke built in 86` or 87` from a Reynolds 531 ATB tubeset ( BB stamped ). As you can see it is a nicely made fillet brazed frame, with drop-out adjusters.

Any idea of value ?

no idea but i really like it!

Re: Ronson 531 ATB Frame

Marmite King":18vkqe1w said:

Any idea of value ?

well, a similar UK built /age Overburys frame & forks (plus some parts) sold for around £250. A complete Overburys sold for about £157 on ebay.

I swapped my similar age 531 frame for a single speed bike. Given the awkward rear brake cable routing and 'funny lookin' top tube - you could ask around £70 - £110. It all depends on the mood of the great unwashed

Saracen Kili Pro Decals

I have a set of Kili Pro decals for the 92` e-stay frame.

2 off "SARACEN" down tube decals
2 off "OFF ROAD COMPETITION" seat tube decals
2 off "KILI PRO" top tube decals
2 off "SUPER MAX DRIVE" fork blade decals
2 off "MAGURA HYDRAULIC BRAKING SYSTEM" seat stay decals

What are these worth ?

partial photo below shows sample of the decals.

Attachments

• P3080010.JPG
    P3080010.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,402
Re: 1990-91 XT

legrandefromage":1ywe521b said:
FluffyChicken":1ywe521b said:
triumph_pilot":1ywe521b said:

That's basic kit and condition will determine everything, any play in the mechs will drop the price or at least get people pissed of when they buy them (and a good advert ;))
You'll have to search for the prices or take a stab, you can always lower them.

Though the front mech being band on (so FD-M735-EC ) will be interesting to some.

M-730 'basic kit'??? each shimano item is worth between £12 and £25 or $20 - $40 USD

as in basic kit for a good turn of the 90's retro build. Stuff everyone wants for a build...
Standard stuff you'd put on the bike so have no problem selling it.

I need to sell my GT Tequesta think it's a 1999 model? It's been lightly used done around 200 miles, just need a rough idea of what it's worth?

Rock Shox Mag 21 NOS from 1996 with Long 1" threaded steerer.

Has pump, sticker, manual, bracket thingy and warranty card in the box. Box not mint but about 90% there.

Any idea's?

Has held 35 PSI for two weeks so assume it's still good.

Was going to ride them but I fear they're too good for my humble steed.

Attachments

• Mag 21's.jpg
    Mag 21's.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 1,308
What are these worth?,did i get a bargain
And whats the ring worth on its own,im happy to keep and use the cranks but a 46 outer isnt much good to me

Attachments

• Dont see this too often ) 016 (Large).jpg
    Dont see this too often ) 016 (Large).jpg
    137 KB · Views: 1,276
Skeelsie":2ruf9cqd said:
Rock Shox Mag 21 NOS from 1996 with Long 1" threaded steerer.

Has pump, sticker, manual, bracket thingy and warranty card in the box. Box not mint but about 90% there.

Any idea's?

Has held 35 PSI for two weeks so assume it's still good.

Was going to ride them but I fear they're too good for my humble steed.

good used would be about £50 so i'd say £80/90 ish. unless you find someone really rich who really wants/needs them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back