Coolwall - Kona Lavadome

Coolwall - Kona Lavadome

• Cool

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've had 2 splatter ones, loved them to bits, had to sell them due to space/financial reasons. The second one reintroduced me to off road biking again and the joys that go with it.
Also was the only model that stayed true to its original, in keeping a steel frame. Not selling its soul to alloy !! :evil:
Therefore COOL in my book !! :cool:

CTK":2mr2tje3 said:
Splashing £££ blinging up a Lava Dome is uncool.

Too true!

DSC01211.jpg

Seems a weird decision to just choose 1 model, but anyway...

It's nothing special. But it does have the same geometry as the more expensive bikes.

And it was an affordable way to get a frame that worked well and was worth keeping/ upgrading, so I'll vote "cool" on the basis that it was one of those bikes that allowed people to get into MTBs.

Agree: The burnt copper color is fantastic up close.

Maybe not as bike I lusted after like say the Hei Hei but way, way cooler than anything in that price bracket GT and Marin had to offer.

Thumbs up for me and another vote for COOL :D

Definitely cool, lightweight and good value for money, all the quality kona bits, but at a easy to get to cost.

Hei Hei, cool.
Kula, cool.
Explosif, cool.
Kilauea, cool.
Cindercone, cool.
Hahanna, Fire Mountain, Lava Dome, and everything else, uncool.

definately cool :D i'm quite flattered a pic of mine was used as an example :oops:

spending £££ blinging up a lava dome is definately cool... as long as it's mine...;) i have had it nearly 15 years!

here's my favourite pic of it
P1010712.jpg

Back