Project No. 7: Alpinestars cro-mega EOS

That's looking great, I love the outcome of the frame clean and looks totally correct to me (who's not an expert on AS bikes). :cool:

Its refreshing to know that even your well thought out projects can take a new turn or U turn mid way through. Ti will be awesome if its a good egg.
Evolutions are part of the ride building these things. None of mine are completely as intended originally. And they do multiply...

Which takes me to my next question... is your current selection of parts posh enough for a Ti Mega? Its posh enough for me!! :cool: Just wondering.

Could it end up with a fleet of cool unique Alpinestars? surely you gotta keep the frame now its a masterpiece! :D :D

reanimation":8ej1itap said:
Which takes me to my next question... is your current selection of parts posh enough for a Ti Mega? Its posh enough for me!! :cool: Just wondering.
Now there is a question! I think the gear is good enough, its a 1991 ti-mega so XTR was for the pro riders only, XT was king in '91. The Answer gear will be perfect, as thats what alpinestars should be fitted with imho. The only big changes I see is in the choice of cable outers (the cro-mega was to be fitted with white, the ti-mega will get black) and the seatpost need swapping from the 26.8 to 27.2mm. The frame and forks will be with me tomorrow and the temptation to build it with anything I have is huge, but i'll refrain and build it properly.

Not sure what i'll do with cro-mega frame, think selling is the right thing to do to pay my credit card bill, same goes for the Accu-trax :?

Good answer, I forgot XTR didn't exist reet BITD.

Yeah take your time and give it a damned good polishing! :cool:

Fingers crossed :)

that is a shame to give up on this one . it looks stunning .

and you should go M900 on the TI . you never will be entiraly satisfied with the XT knowing there is better out there . ;)

Mark, your perfection in details is stunning. Every time I take a look in your various threads, I'm really impressed by the quality of bikes, parts & pics :D

cchris2lou":2ckmnqwh said:
that is a shame to give up on this one . it looks stunning .

and you should go M900 on the TI . you never will be entiraly satisfied with the XT knowing there is better out there . ;)
Its a good point, but I have M900 on the Raleigh and like having a bit of variety with my bikes, XT set up properly should work and look fine on the ti-mega. Thanks for the kind words on the cro-mega too, it is a shame not to finish it.

magas":2ckmnqwh said:
Mark, your perfection in details is stunning. Every time I take a look in your various threads, I'm really impressed by the quality of bikes, parts & pics :D

Thank you magas, thats kind of you to say so :oops:

alpinestars cro-mega EOS - Update

Well its been nearly a year since this project came an abrupt halt caused by the arrival of a ti-mega frame and forks. The frame was sold on to fellow RB'er stubbsy, the Accutrax went to a German Yeti collector and the controls/drivetrain bolted straight onto my new ti-mega frame.

I put a decent amount of time and effort into this frame and so with my bank account showing signs of recovery I contacted stubbsy and asked if he'd ever let me buy it back, luckerly for me he was ready to sell and with the help of wadsy it arrived today.

2011_0307astarWT0042.jpg

I have no plans for it at this time, but it will definitely be another project in the future. Perhaps it will be built up to a similar spec or maybe i'll revisit the 'resto-mod'?

Thanks to stubbsy for looking after it and for selling it back, and thanks also to wadsy for posting it over.

Back