hello! my first time on retrobike

tilover

Devout Dirtbag
hello! this is my first time on here... i am frequently on stw but thought it best to get logged in on here for the more obscure questions/retro chat

also i am after a slingshot frame. anything, road/mtb/29er/folder at the moment and thought this may be the place to come!

if anyone could help me that would be great

oh yes. about me... i barely qualify for retro being only 25, but have been riding for 15 years ish in the yorkshire area.
i ride a pipedream schwinn style ti singlespeed and a dave yates fixie for around town.
as far as my retro steeds go my mum and dad have my 2 oldest bikes.. a '94 cindercone in earwax orange and i guess a '92? muddy fox courier comp. still mostly original with a 'lightning' paintjob

erm. yes. that's it. so hello!!

Welcome Tilover. It's a friendly place so I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Not many Slingshots around here. Know of a couple, but they aren't for sale I'm afraid.

They do still make them though, thus the 29'er. Pop over and get one new?

How did you find us?

:D

i occasionally pop on and take a look, just never registered, i think there are a few people on here from stw?

i think a new one is definately on the cards but wouldn't mind an old one

Just to tease you a little, here's my tiny road 'shot:

yiw837.jpg

Now sits with Cooks road cranks and mostly campag groupset (except the nukeproof/velocity wheels)

Slingshots are still being made however they look god awfull.
Here is a link to a former employee/owner cant quite remember (someone will soon clarify) that is making some very cool sling-like bikes.

http://www.erbbikes.com/

tilover":3ei6kwac said:
i occasionally pop on and take a look, just never registered, i think there are a few people on here from stw?

lots, it was the retro threads on STW forum that started it all :)
welcome :D

Hello 'tilover'.
Hope you will be posting pictures of your mentioned bikes :D

btw pete, that slingshot.... how heavy is it? i'm no weight weeny but thats the main negative i have heard, a little on the heavy side. any truth in it?

Back