Specialized S-Works Steel 1992

Hello Mr Burgundy! Not sure on the stem length at the mo. Have you got another stem to swop for it. I haven't got any 1" quill stems at the mo. It's also a bit

Oh yeh...quill innit....no good to me :LOL:

S Works

Fingers crossed there is an S under there ;)
It pretty much looks like an S works as the rear dropouts look like the finer ones seen on S Works and in 92 the Stumpies didnt have a noodle for the brakes. They either had the guide on the brake bridge or the hanger off the seatpost bolt. The number is also quite short.
Check to see if there is any markings on the fork as I am sure the S Works came with a triple butted fork rather than the double.
Remember to let me know if your moving it on as I can never find them in the smaller sizes. I know it will be for real money not what you paid for it ;)
Now go find the S

Jamie

I was chatting with the guy at argos cycles on saturday & he reckons the biggest rust candidate frames are fat, older yetis & s-work steel frames, specifically the chainstays. so have a poke around just to be certain.

that said, cant go wrong for £10.

Thanks again JD. Won't be today though when I get to have a proper look :roll:

BB, it's the AR decal decal on the seat tube!

Scant - yep, thanks I'll have a poke sometime.

Lgf - I want one of those by my Avatar (it's never going to be a botm winner one! ) :LOL:

Re: S Works

Jamiedyer":1o4zecwl said:
It pretty much looks like an S works as the rear dropouts look like the finer ones seen on S Works and in 92 the Stumpies didnt have a noodle for the brakes.
A 92- serial number could be a '93-model frame though. My '92 Stumpjumper Comp has a 91- serial number. The '93 Stumpjumper did have a noodle for the rear brake.

Nearly finished >>>

...and I'm happy it is an S-Works Steel now based on the shape of the dropouts and the shape of the seat and chain stays where they meet the dropouts.

Attachments

• zzz 090720102026.jpg
    zzz 090720102026.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 3,042
  • zzz 090720102028.jpg
    zzz 090720102028.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 3,042
Back