At last, got me hands on an Intense M1

leaning towards Hope as well. will see if i can get some early m4's.

i like the team intense/kawasaki colours so probably tart it up in a few years time with that build scheme. for now i just want to get it up and running asap.

Hang fire on the colours. Mine is in green and getting the Team Kawasaki decals done. Will post pics when its done.
Have you seen there is a Cortina DH8 on ebay.com? ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Curly68":2v6m0rcj said:
Hang fire on the colours. Mine is in green and getting the Team Kawasaki decals done. Will post pics when its done.
Have you seen there is a Cortina DH8 on ebay.com? ;)

:cool:

look forward to seeing how that looks. A Palmer or Lopes paintjob would be nice.

that DH8 is lovely...but my attention is elsewhere :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Dug out a pic of my old 98 M1 for you.

oldM1.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

is that a goldtec stubby stem and risse forks? looks awesome.

so you getting that in kawasaki green then?

here's an old pic of my old Tazer fs:

tazer.jpg

No that was a Tioga stem and bars (still have them) and White Bros UD150's! The M1 I have now is a 2000 with the one piece linkage and vertical dropouts.
You will notice on my old 98 that I was running 9mm QR and had sliding dropouts. Yours just has the 10mm axle!
Here's my old Tazer. Wish I never sold it now
28062008066.jpg

I'm a bit of an Intense collector as well. To date I have 4, 1 stock and three one off's. Two of mine are prototype 1998's and I am a bit familiar with that year.

Here are a few things I can tell you about that frame.

The current decal kit is from model year 2000, but it is certainly not a 2000 frame. 1997's have a different front shock mount so the front triangle is like you said either a 98 or 99. 1998 frames did not have the one piece linkage which makes me suspect that it may indeed be a 1999, or a frankenstein. I am going to lean towards a 1999. However if you call and give them the serial number they will tell you exactly when it was welded.

I was a wrench for a factory rider but in 1999 the rider was on a different brand frame so I missed a bit of the tech stuff on the 1999 frames. Steber makes some great bikes though. The guy is a genius when it comes to frame design.

Back