My old Mountain Klein

According to the original owner these were special ordered so they may have asked for Dura Ace or spec'd the builds custom. To my knowledge they did not typically come with bullmoose bars either. The reciept was itemized and had alot of add on's like racks and bottle cages. They paid $1200 bucks for each in 1986 dollars. They sold for $1250 and $1350 plus $200 shipping 23 years later if I remember correctly. Nobody understands why I get so upset over selling them but you guys know. I guess it is just the knowledge that time machines like these just don't come along often and when they do they are usually only attainable by rich guys.

Neat bikes to be sure. The last few red frames that came up went for $700-800. But the blue one a few months back was a good deal less.

Very amazing bikes and restoration…
The most difficult would be to ride them if so NOS !!! :D

24pouces":3621iva1 said:
Very amazing bikes and restoration…
The most difficult would be to ride them if so NOS !!! :D
I rode the big one quite a bit, mostly short rides around the lake after work on a pretty tame trail. I used 3m clear paint protectant film that they use on cars. It worked great and it is almost invisible. I use it on most of my bikes on the downtube to avoid chips. I don't have the serial numbers and neither of these bikes have popped up on the radar since I sold them.

Back