Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

I purchaced a Dyna-Tech from knobbythesheep last year and started some research. I found a few images which I have included below and this showed the model I had to be a Diablo from 1995.

The frame I had bought was unfortunate enough to have been butchered by one of it's previous owners who had ground off the seat clamp and rear canti cable stop. I weighed up the frame cost 30 odd pounds and took it took Leyland for some braze work under clear exact instruction from myself. I collected the frame with it's new clamp and put it in the garage to wait for further paint stripping etc. I will add a link to this thread when I get around to taking pics of the build but for now some of my research pics and also the original ad pics from when I bought the frame.

Does anyone have any info on these, as there is almost nothing on line :cry:

DYNA-TI200042028Medium29.jpg

dsc00176_139.jpg

dsc00177_146.jpg

dscf0188a_126.jpg

sony_md_050_medium_115.jpg

Its a bit dirty as I took it out for its first spin in over 16 years today! It felt as good as when new. Ill post more pics when its cleaned up.

Attachments

• 141.JPG
    141.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 3,742
Very nice, love the pattern and colours on those Quantum.

I had some good news today, the missus is letting me keep my Dyna-Tech :D

I think that Quantum must be my favourite Dyna Tech pattern, love the look of that :cool:

Good news Sinnett :D

bikemeister2000":3nrpb9tu said:
Ogre XT":3nrpb9tu said:
Hi Guys, I used to work in Raleigh Ireland and the simple reason for the failure of the Dynatech brand was the sheer number of broken frames we would get back. My job was changing over the broken frames to new frames - and it was a full time job for 2 people and that covers just the Irish market. The road bikes were a serious problem. Its such a pity the wishbone structure on the seat stays were badly designed. Great bikes and I still enjoy mine.

You would be knowing a certain Mr John Beatty then, and perhaps even Paddy Peacock?

:LOL:
Hey Bikemeister, How do you know those guys - I'm guessing your based in Ireland? Yep John Beatty was the MD - so I didn't see him too often and I think Paddy was the Financial Director - he was a really nice guy and had a genuine interest in bikes and cycling in general. He often called down to see how I had got on at the races at weekend. He wasn't too impresssed when he seen me arrive every day to work on a GIANT Bike. Soon enough I was on a Dynatech. I even got to meet the chariman for Raleigh UK- Sandy Roberts - A real gentleman. I think he retired soon after. Great memories.. :p

keeping dyna-tech

That dyna is really nice. Ive also got a team dyna-tech road bike which I got new in 1992. Its 325 titanium and has dura ace 8spd, Ill post pics when its cleaned up.

Back