broughton, now aftermath

Cracking little ride. Pretty hardpacked so felt a lot like a summer ride apart from the fact i couldn't feel my fingers or toes.

Sadly i had to do it alone but like a good soldier i headed off on my mission. Didn't have a lot of time so didn't investigate the woods too much but there's definately still plenty to ride.

The track behind the steel works down to santon is still there but has been moved a bit now. There's a grave down there now too. Not sure what that's all about.

Hit the road to the next section of woods. I used to ride through here on my commute but never realised there was so much to them. Nothing extreme but a throughly pleasant ride all the same. Definately single speed friendly. The only noticeable uphill was on road.

I think this is going to be my new after work ride. Few pics later

Feeling jealous now Dave, havent been out on the bike today spent all morning building and painting that new shed :roll:

Off out with the family for a bit now, have you any pics?

Sounds good

Shame I was nursing a hangover, looking at a car for another forumite & shopping for mothers day, seen as my folks are away next weekend.

Will be out next weekend.

pics!

ower that there "hill" is the steel works
fylh6a.jpg

this is what i do when noone rides with me
wgt643.jpg

took ages to find this hill. this track is the golden ling that turns the ride into a circular.
2rf9chg.jpg

we are not alone
10n53cm.jpg

5p2bdi.jpg

i bunny hopped a 6 foot fence, hit 88mph on a downhill (luckily my flux capacitor was turned off) AND saved a granny from certain death under the wheels of a bus.

but nobody was there to basque in my glory

Great pics mate, are we riding some of that area next week? Looks nice :D

Should have had the flux capacitor on and headed back to the early 90's with your credit card, think of all those nos goodies :LOL:

never thought of that. chris has suggested doing a bit of this next week. the trouble is you cant really do just a bit of it as you end up in places where you cant link elsewhere.

i plotted my route on bikehike and i did 18 miles today. 4 of that was road from my house to the woods and back so the circular is about 14 miles.

given next weeks time restrictions and valen.. sorry, mother's day we might be better doing something a bit shorter.

i'll bring my idea to chris' attention on the scunny ride thread...

Our ride came in at 13.3 miles according to map my ride Ben. Conditions were slightly bad though to say the least.

Are you up for next week Ben, as I said I dont mind picking you up, ask whenever you want :D

My ride was longer though :p as I had the too and from bit to Ketch :LOL:

I'll check if it's ok, think we're suppose to be going to the pub for some lunch.

Forgot you had ridden from home Ben ;)

Let me know if you want a lift we can chuck both bikes in the back no probs.

Back