The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orange C16R 100% original

Hi all, i have a anodised purple 1995 orange C16R, it is completely original, still got original tyres brakes blocks and everything in very very good condition, no dints knocks bangs or damage
I really really dont want to sell it but i have been told it would be worth abit of brass, i have not any pics of it yet it is stood in my garge were it has been for over 10 years, it has original bar ends on too.
Couls anybody help me and let me know roughly what it would be worth to sell on here?

Re: Orange C16R 100% original

graham1975":17ok56sp said:
Hi all, i have a anodised purple 1995 orange C16R, it is completely original, still got original tyres brakes blocks and everything in very very good condition, no dints knocks bangs or damage
I really really dont want to sell it but i have been told it would be worth abit of brass, i have not any pics of it yet it is stood in my garge were it has been for over 10 years, it has original bar ends on too.
Couls anybody help me and let me know roughly what it would be worth to sell on here?

if it is in really good original condition i would expect you'd be looking at £200

Re: Orange C16R 100% original

graham1975":3adfaok3 said:

I just picked up a 1995 c16r that has been used on road 3 times!! :shock: Eveything is original including the F7 fork that has never been used and Mag 21 thats fitted to the bike. Really is NOS stuff here :cool: I paid £175

1990-91 XT

I just got a well-used 1990/91 Tech "Wild Thing" MTB that I'm trying to decide what to do with.

I have no emotional attachment to this bike whatsoever, so I'm basically weighing "part it out" versus "restore it and sell to some unappreciative hipster"

Can someone give me a value on any of the following components? Assume "fair to good" condition - this bike was used well, but then stored close to a dryer vent. It's less minty, more linty.

Brake Levers: ST-M091 (two-finger, no window, w/ XT 3x7 pods)
Brakes: BR-M732 cantis, with...
Brake Pads: SCOTT/MATHAUSER salmon colored pads

Front Hub: HB-M730 XT
Rear Hub: FH-M732 XT

ONZA bar ends wrapped in hockey tape (sticky cloth tape)
AVOCET saddle, gel / cloth, circa 1989
KALLOY seat post, 29.4 diameter (I would not sell this separately, as it seems an unusual size)

Crank: FC-M730, 175mm - chainrings look worn out

Front Der.: FD-M735, good shape
Rear Der.: RD-M735, fair shape (scratched badly)

I don't expect to be sitting on a gold mine here, but that's just my first impression... my suspicion is that this bike was over $1000US in 1990, which puts it in the "unaffordable" bracket...!

TIA - and photos available on request, if there's a wide range of values. I found that eBay wasn't very indicative of value, I saw stuff ranging from tens to hundreds of dollars.

What would the ballpark price on a Mountain Cycle DHS swingarm and a Stratos Helix Pro DH be?

Re: 1990-91 XT

triumph_pilot":17iujp4j said:
I just got a well-used 1990/91 Tech "Wild Thing" MTB that I'm trying to decide what to do with.

I have no emotional attachment to this bike whatsoever, so I'm basically weighing "part it out" versus "restore it and sell to some unappreciative hipster"

Can someone give me a value on any of the following components? Assume "fair to good" condition - this bike was used well, but then stored close to a dryer vent. It's less minty, more linty.

Brake Levers: ST-M091 (two-finger, no window, w/ XT 3x7 pods)
Brakes: BR-M732 cantis, with...
Brake Pads: SCOTT/MATHAUSER salmon colored pads

Front Hub: HB-M730 XT
Rear Hub: FH-M732 XT

ONZA bar ends wrapped in hockey tape (sticky cloth tape)
AVOCET saddle, gel / cloth, circa 1989
KALLOY seat post, 29.4 diameter (I would not sell this separately, as it seems an unusual size)

Crank: FC-M730, 175mm - chainrings look worn out

Front Der.: FD-M735, good shape
Rear Der.: RD-M735, fair shape (scratched badly)

I don't expect to be sitting on a gold mine here, but that's just my first impression... my suspicion is that this bike was over $1000US in 1990, which puts it in the "unaffordable" bracket...!

TIA - and photos available on request, if there's a wide range of values. I found that eBay wasn't very indicative of value, I saw stuff ranging from tens to hundreds of dollars.

That's basic kit and condition will determine everything, any play in the mechs will drop the price or at least get people pissed of when they buy them (and a good advert ;))
You'll have to search for the prices or take a stab, you can always lower them.

Though the front mech being band on (so FD-M735-EC ) will be interesting to some.

Valuation: Giant ATX 860

Hi!

I can't believe I haven't found this forum before :) I'm in the market for a new bike but before I spend my pennies I'm looking to offload my Giant ATX 860. I think it's the 1998 model. I've not added anything to it since I bought it years ago and I'm unsure of the parts on there at the moment. I can get close up photos though if required.

It's a nice ride, just a little bit too big for me and I have my eyes on a smaller Haro.

There's a slight issue with one of the brakes. It's missing a small dumbbell part that I keep replacing but it keeps popping out.

I was wondering how much the bike is worth these days?

Attachments

• 3948226068_b57bd0519f_b.jpg
    3948226068_b57bd0519f_b.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 871
  • IMG_2757.jpg
    IMG_2757.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 871
  • IMG_2756.jpg
    IMG_2756.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 873
Status
Not open for further replies.