South & West Midlands Chat and rides

CAS":119kxa6b said:
And here's the evidence

daj in a full set of "roadie lycra" and a distinctly dodgy phone box full of mannequins!

I felt VERY exposed without baggies!!! :shock:

Right, I'll have another go at arranging a couple of rides, shortish notice but that's how I roll these days:

Saturday 13th March 2010 - offroad ride in the Forest of Dean, currently with me leading so expect a relaxed place and group decision making at various points. Meet at Pedalabikeaway at 10 a.m. for a 10.30 a.m. departure. Helmets required. Aim is 4 hours or so of riding but can be flexible to meet needs of those who come and and weather.

Saturday 20th March 2010 - road ride from my house (!), depart at 10 a.m. 65 hilly miles on beautiful, quiet roads with absolutely stunning scenery, especially over Gospel Pass. Compact chainset recommended. Plan is as follows for those who want to check it out on a map - start at Hampton Bishop (HR1) - Mordiford - Holme Lacey - Kings Thorn - Much Birch - Wormelow - Orcop - Garway - Kentchurch - Pandy - Llantony - Capel-y-ffin - Hay-on-Wye - Clifford - Bredwardine - Madley - Hereford - Hampton Bishop.

Well I am going to miss the 13th and plan a 50 miler around here and see how I get on then pending that join you on the 20th :cool:

Did 33 miles yesterday on the mtb with a mate on B roads , Pretty hilly including the epic fish hill climb (epic for me anyway) at the VERY end , we averaged 12mph which I thought was alright beens as it was a pretty laid back affair :cool:

daj":17hatujd said:
Well I am going to miss the 13th and plan a 50 miler around here and see how I get on then pending that join you on the 20th :cool:

Did 33 miles yesterday on the mtb with a mate on B roads , Pretty hilly including the epic fish hill climb (epic for me anyway) at the VERY end , we averaged 12mph which I thought was alright beens as it was a pretty laid back affair :cool:

Sounds a good idea daj. I should get a free Friday this week for the first time in ages so may go out to Monmouth on the cycle track then do bits of the Forest of Deam Classic route doing the climb through Trellech, drop down to the Wye at Llandogo then climb through Clearwell drop down to the Severn at Lyney and then back through the Forest to Ross - that's about 50 miles = no idea how many feet of climbing but a few!

Should sort out if I can manage the Gospel pass ride! Did it last year at about this time so it should be OK!

ededwards":29tlqq1i said:
Right, I'll have another go at arranging a couple of rides, shortish notice but that's how I roll these days:

Saturday 13th March 2010 - offroad ride in the Forest of Dean, currently with me leading so expect a relaxed place and group decision making at various points. Meet at Pedalabikeaway at 10 a.m. for a 10.30 a.m. departure. Helmets required. Aim is 4 hours or so of riding but can be flexible to meet needs of those who come and and weather.

Saturday 20th March 2010 - road ride from my house (!), depart at 10 a.m. 65 hilly miles on beautiful, quiet roads with absolutely stunning scenery, especially over Gospel Pass. Compact chainset recommended. Plan is as follows for those who want to check it out on a map - start at Hampton Bishop (HR1) - Mordiford - Holme Lacey - Kings Thorn - Much Birch - Wormelow - Orcop - Garway - Kentchurch - Pandy - Llantony - Capel-y-ffin - Hay-on-Wye - Clifford - Bredwardine - Madley - Hereford - Hampton Bishop.

Ok, push is coming to shove - can you indicate on the main Rides thread http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 405#675405 whether you are coming on the 13th and/or 20th (probably best not to say "I'm not coming as I'll get excited when a new post is added!) and I'll update the original post so we'll know where we are.

Back