Cross frame, 57/58cm,steel?

BONTY1

Retro Guru
Wanted suitable cross frame in steel! Bonty would be nice! No ,but really something steel maybe 531? Large size maybe 57 or 58cm.Got an old Isla might be able to repair,might not! so checking to see whats out there!
Thanx Max

It's not steel and may be too large but I have an immaculate Ti Cross in XL that I could be persuaded to release (frame + forks or whole bike) as it simply is not getting much love from my rotation policy

Ti-cross

Hi there Mr Edwards!
Have you price in mind for the frame? Also could you measure frame center to top for size? Thanx Max

Re: Ti-cross

BONTY1":2b2ndfs6 said:
Hi there Mr Edwards!
Have you price in mind for the frame? Also could you measure frame center to top for size? Thanx Max

Hi Max

Frame measures 57cm centre to top but with a semi compact design it is equivalent to a 'regular' 60cm - it certainly rides like my 60cms.

Price wise not too sure, it cost £700 for the frame and is immaculate so I'd be open to offers - feel free to PM or e-mail me

Cheers

Ed

cross frame

Thanx mate but think i will pass.Sounds a bit large as i like my bikes kind of flickable.A little out of my price range too me thinks! Think i'll wait for a steel one.Thanx very much for offer! Max

Any pics of the isla there bonty? Remember seeing pics of isla rowntree's bike years ago in mbuk - 91-92?? - and it was beautiful with powder coated mavic bits and pieces. never seen another one though...!

Isla Rowntree cross machine

Hi there Boyburning.Photo's of my Isla are on readers rides.Put them on there few months back.Should be able to find them on there.Lovely details on there and hate to part with it.Just stripped b.b. threads but finding out whether its worth repairing or whether a new frame is in order.
Thanx Max

Max, yep, just seen it. Very nice bike! Do you know if she did many mtbs? I know she did cross bikes, but the one in mbuk all those years ago (yawn!) was an mtb. Will dig it out and scan when get chance. From what I can tell she only does kids bikes now unfortunately - and works for Halfords as a consultant...

Isla bikes

Think i remember in the day she might have dabbled with MTB'S.looked very similiar to the Zinn MTB'S around at the time i think.Yeah scan some of the photos.It would be interesting to see them. Max

Back