My old Mountain Klein

very nice,chainstay looks a different colour and raised where chainsuck would be though???

stew-b":o3a0zfle said:
very nice,chainstay looks a different colour and raised where chainsuck would be though???
3m clear plastic paint protectant film. It had the same on the chainstay that had dried and was cracking.

sandmangts":2jr22u5v said:
stew-b":2jr22u5v said:
3m clear plastic paint protectant film. It had the same on the chainstay that had dried and was cracking.

Edit: now that I looked super close it is possible there may have been some scratches there that were repaired. The discoloration of the clear paint protectant tape makes the color look off. He had that on the top of the chainstay as well but it had started to peel and I removed it. It did the same thing making the paint look darker until I removed it. Can't say with 100% certainty that it has not seen some restoration but if it has whoever did it is a master. I got such a bargain on this bike though. This could be 2wheels4evers old bike. Small world. The other 2 Mountain Kleins I had were in better condition than this one. I will post some pics of those 2 later if I can find them. I regret selling them but I was about to lose my house, faced with a layoff and my wife was out of work.

Yep, the guy I sold to was in North Park. Nice guy with a big bike collection. I got this one and another frame that was in similar condition from Portland.

2wheels4ever":ulqewxok said:
Yep, the guy I sold to was in North Park. Nice guy with a big bike collection. I got this one and another frame that was in similar condition from Portland.
This is it then, the shop sticker is from Portland. Here are the other two I owned before. I wish I still had these. I almost wish I had not posted this, I get so angry when I think about these bikes. I bought them from a old fellow in Del Mar. Original owner who bought them in Colorado for him and his wife. He had all the original papers and reciepts. He had replaced the chrome fork with a Manitou but I switched it back. I got both bikes for $650. At the time I had no idea how valueable they were. I got an extra set of wheels that had white onza porcs on them as well. I held on to them for about 9 months then I ran into financial trouble and with a pregnant wife I decided to sell them. I wish I had just sold the small one and kept the big one. One went to Sweden and the other to Japan. I got alot of money for them but I regret selling them everyday.

Maaan, the big one is sweet!

Interesting that they were using Dura Ace wheels as well. I wonder if Klein was supplying or suggesting a build kit then.

Back