My old Mountain Klein

sandmangts

Senior Retro Guru
I gave the old Klein a bath, polish and some wax along with a long overdue tune up and some fresh grease and oil. She still looks pretty good.
IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

The original owner bought it because he liked the color and wanted to try off road riding. He is an avid roadie. He crashed badly and never rode the bike again. The bike did not even get a scratch. It hung on a wall for 20 years. Luckily he did take it down and clean it and kept a good coat of wax on the paint. When I got it the grease in the hubs and headset had dried to a peanut butter like consistency. I re-packed everything and polished it up. It is all original except the tires and grips. It has been ridden a bit by my wife but she prefers the Timber Comp I built for her so this bike is pretty much wall art now. It never gets ridden because it is too small for me but I can't bear to sell it.

Did you buy from a guy in San Diego? It looks a lot like a bike I had for a while down to the seat post and saddle I put on it. He did a great job covering up the scratches from chain suck.

2wheels4ever":5zepqj29 said:
Did you buy from a guy in San Diego? It looks a lot like a bike I had for a while down to the seat post and saddle I put on it. He did a great job covering up the scratches from chain suck.
I did buy it here in San Diego but there has never been any chain suck on this bike. There is exactly one chip in the paint from chain slap. I got it from an elderly gentleman in North Park. He has several other vintage rigs as well and was nice enough to give me first right of refusal on them should he decide to sell. This guy has got 2 Ritcheys a few Kleins and some 1st gen Cannondales. I had 2 other Mountain Kleins that were in as good condition as this one but I was forced to sell them.

Very nice!

I'd like to get first refusal on the one of the two Ritchey's you'll eventually inherit :)

Back