claud butler

Depends on how old the bike is. The modern stuff is pants. The older stuff was better, its the equivalent of Raleighs low end stuff.

i had a 90 spectra 500 lx great bike if only i could find another i would be ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY

plexus":3o55a6qe said:
Anyone familiar with Claud Butler mountainbikes?

Would like some info please :D

I think Claud Butler has an impressive history, back in the day (and I mean before the dawn of the mountain bike) I understand that it was quite a well respected brand.

Now I think they are part of the universal cycles group or something. Gotta say some of there starter road bikes are pretty great value if you want a basic £300 bike.

I spotted a Claud Butler Pegan with steel frame, not sure what group was on.

Just checked the link.......Gone.

Wouldn't worry too much, the mountain bikes weren't up to much, just another great name that got bought by a big company that then ignored the heritage that had made the brand great. Claude Butler used to produce some great handmade custom frames, but all the new ones are identi-kit low end steel numbers with low end kit

My first MTB in 1989 was a claud butler and it is still in my dad's shed!!! I think everything on it is pretty original down to the 4 finger break levers. Had a nice 501 frame with lugged construction if memory serves.

It is what got me hooked on this MTB thing, did my first race on it after having it 3 weeks. Ahhh inside park in the sun!!!

Who wants to borrow my rose tinted specs??

I remember they tried to go up market in around 92. With a limited edition Mtb of 350 (or a figure similar) units i think. My LBS couldn't understand why they bothered as the buyers with that sort of money at that time went for pace, Klein & co

Latest posts

Back