Trek Hoffamn BMX (early 90's)?

The Ken

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
I can get this for a sensible sum from my local re-cyclers if anyone is interested... between 15 and 40 quid I reckon

Chromed frame - a bit pitted and rusty but they have started cleaning it up.

If anyone can confirm that this is what they say, please do. They reckon its from 1991. But that is the year hoffman bikes started and the logo looks newer so I can't be sure.

Attachments

• Trekhoffman.jpg
    Trekhoffman.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 297
So they are saying it's Matt Hoffman signature Trek? Hoffman Bikes started in 1992 and he was on Haro before that.

It looks a lot like this to me, doubt Hoffman ever rode one. Either way the bike's definitely not from 1991.

thanks beagle I knew someone would be better informed -

The rears stays are a little different to the ones on that bike - thet are rounded tube ends that don't bend into the frame, might be a year or so earlier then, the logo looks later than 91 on it's own.

It probably had a hoffman sticker on it that threw them somewhat.

Yeah, it looks to be 1 1/8" threadless so it must be at least mid 90s. Hard to tell from the picture but looks like it might have some decent parts on it. Could be worth it if you can get it cheap.

Dropouts definately point towards late 90s as comapnies all started to do big flange/hub saving drops around that time

Latest posts

Back